PDA

View Full Version : EAT hummus wrap

fiamma
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM
After a very annoying experience with British Airways (ordered a vegan meal weeks ago, only to be given a veggie sandwich and told they don't cater for special requirements on European flights any more. Feed one, feed all is what I say, but hey) I finally found a shop called EAT in Gatwick airport, which seemed to be the only vegan item to be found ANYWHERE! And it was very good and the staff were friendly. Highly recommended. Only gripe - the ingredients of the tortilla wrap weren't listed (is that legal) so I wrote and asked them and they confirmed it's vegan. :) Good to bear in mind, if you're stuck at Gatwick and starving.

Limey
Jul 11th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Sorry they did that to you Fiamma, but I am glad to hear you got something good and vegan, as well as some good service. Should I ever be lucky enough to be in that area and at that airport, I'll be all about getting a hummus wrap there. :D

fiamma
Jul 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
They actually have shops all over London - I didn't mean to give the impression that it should be a "last resort" - anything but!!! As I said before, highly recommended. I'm going to write to BA and complain though - it baffles me how they have chosen not to cater for special dietary requirements (including diabetic - my bf is diabetic and there wasn't anything for him either) at a time when more and more people are developing food allergies and dieseases such as diabetes.

moonshadow
Jul 11th, 2006, 08:54 AM
that totally sucks!

i'm a bit worried about an upcoming flight leaving from gatwick... now i know where to look for a back up!

fiamma
Jul 11th, 2006, 09:00 AM
If you're at Gatwick go there and stock up Moonshadow - they have those great Innocent smoothies too. Unless you're on a long-haul flight I wouldn't bank on getting vegan food on your flight. I hope I'm wrong and they give you something though.

moonshadow
Jul 11th, 2006, 01:22 PM
it is long haul, but cheapo... the website said they don't do meals anymore (though you can buy a meal on the flight), but the person on the end of the phone said that they do...

we shall have to find out! i'm hoping that the airport in philidelphia has good stuff to eat, too, as we're there for 3 or 4 hours before we get back on the plane again to go to california.