PDA

View Full Version : New Luna Bars

Pages : [1] 2 3

Veganbear
Jul 11th, 2006, 09:55 PM
For all you Luna Bar eaters, there's a new line of Luna's called Luna Sunrise, or something. It's a more breakfasty type Luna Bar. I went to the website, and unless I missed something, they appear to be vegan (unlike those discontinued ones --Luna Glow or something? I think they had whey). Haven't tried one yet. Has anyone had one yet?

Limey
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Nope, not me. Probably won't either. :) Unless lots of people say they taste fantastic.

veggiegirl3
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:11 AM
No, but I almost bought one in the store the other day. They looked pretty good.

flvegan
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Hey! Not sure about the new ones your talking about but the lemon Luna bars are really yummy!:p

Michelle

I just wanted to add that the Target here sells them for like .97 a piece, if anyone is interested in wanting to try them out.

Veganbear
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:43 AM
I think Lemon and the Orange ones are the only ones I haven't tried. I like them to be chocolatey--like vegan candy bars! I love S'Mores, Caramel Nut Brownie, Cookies and Cream, Iced Oatmeal Raisin.....

flvegan
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I think Lemon and the Orange ones are the only ones I haven't tried. I like them to be chocolatey--like vegan candy bars! I love S'Mores, Caramel Nut Brownie, Cookies and Cream, Iced Oatmeal Raisin.....

Ooooh! Iced Oatmeal Raisin, those sound soo good!!! I don't think I've ever seen the Cookies & Cream ones though?

Luna bars are the one thing I always try to keep in my purse in case I need a nice pick-me-up, LOVE them!!!;)

Michelle

Veganbear
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:55 AM
There's no way I could keep one in my purse. I'm lucky if I can get one home without eating it in the car!

Tigerlily
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I like Luna Bars but I find them way too dry. I always have to drink water with them.

Same with Clif Bars. They make me so thirsty and spike my bloodsugar so high (I get lighthead).

Haniska
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:27 AM
I like lemon Luna bars waaay better than any cliff bar I have had. Cliff bars are too pruney for me. But yeah, Luna bars are dry and sweet. I had one for the first time Saturday, I bought it Friday night specifically to take with me the next day b/c I was going out with my father and cousins and knew that food would be scarce. I don't think that I could keep one in my purse either! Even though they are too dry and sweet!

flvegan
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I like Luna Bars but I find them way too dry. I always have to drink water with them.

Same with Clif Bars. They make me so thirsty and spike my bloodsugar so high (I get lighthead).

I *think* most protein bars are that way because they have so much fiber in them. I agree, I defiantely have to have a whole bottle of water each time I eat one!;)

I've had a few of the Clif bars as well, and they don't do anything to my bloodsugar (that I've noticed) but they have a chewier texture where the Luna's have a bit more crunch!:p

Michelle

veggiegirl3
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I think the glazed-type Luna Bars are less dry. I used to love S'Mores until I tasted the Caramel Nut Crunch (?) and others with glazes. Those are better. Oh, it'd true: they are like glorified candy-bars, but they're good and they do have a ton of vitamins and stuff.

xwitchymagicx
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I've never even tried any flavour of luna bar as they are always out of stock. :mad:

I've had a peanut butter cliff bar though and that was drydrydry. lol

Limey
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, after reading all these posts touting the great taste of these Luna bars, I went out and got three to try. And all I have to say, IMO, is: awful, awful, awful.
To me they have some sort of weird flavor in there going on that basically tastes like dried fish guts, in all honesty. I don't know how to describe it other than it being kind of fishy and mangey. Ugh.
I used to be addicted to Zone bars and those, other than the Balance Trail Mix bars, are the only ones I could deal with. They're not vegan, though, which is probably good for me since I used to eat them like they were candy bars. :rolleyes:

xwitchymagicx
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I've just ordered four luna bars to try, I'm just hoping they're not fishy to me as they were £1.75 each! :eek:

Limey
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Sorry, not trying to put anyone off them. :o

I just don't know how to describe the taste and it's more of an after-taste. The first bite I had, I was thinking "ohh, yummy!" then the longer I had it in my mouth the more that taste came out and I was in my car and had nowhere to spit it out. I had to swallow it and I was not happy. :mad::(

xwitchymagicx
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I guess everyone has different likes and dislikes though. I'll try them once, if I don't like just don't eat them again. :)

Wildflower
Jul 18th, 2006, 01:15 AM
What flavor did you get Limey?

I like Lemon Luna bars and others that are "glazed" as people said, but some are really dry and yucky like Nutz of Chocolate or something named simillarly.

I bought a chocolate peppermint stick and tried it yesterday and it tasted like actual dirt! :eek:

I like peanutbutter cookie, dulce de leche, cookies and cream, iced oatmeal cookie and Lemon. Lemon are my favorite and seem to be a favorite of a lot of people.

Limey
Jul 18th, 2006, 01:17 AM
It was something chocolate-y, I know that. :o And it was a glazed one. There was no lemon ones where I got mine. I might not have picked that one up, though. I love real lemons, not lemon flavored stuff. :p

tipsy
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:04 AM
food in bar form creeps me out...

mandycoot
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Oh I adore Luna bars! I love any of the ones with chocolate especially. :o Key lime pie is also a favorite. I just tried the peanut butter cookie and loved it.

I'm kind of interested in going to buy one to see if I can notice the "fish guts" thing. :D

Haniska
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Ooooooh! Key Lime? That sounds like it would be just as good as the Lemon!

xwitchymagicx
Jul 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I just tried the s'mores one...hmm not too my taste that is all I can really say!

Veganbear
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:25 PM
I bought my first Lemon Luna Bar today. As soon as I smelled it I knew I wouldn't like it. As soon as I took a bite, I knew I was right. It was GROSS. But I paid 99 cents for it, so I ate it. YUCK.

flvegan
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:29 PM
I bought my first Lemon Luna Bar today. As soon as I smelled it I knew I wouldn't like it. As soon as I took a bite, I knew I was right. It was GROSS. But I paid 99 cents for it, so I ate it. YUCK.

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't like it.:( It's very lemony, but it's one of my favs. They are definately not like candy bars & I know you posted earlier that you like the candy bar flavored ones.

Michelle

Veganbear
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:30 PM
I think lemons should be sour and tart. Not sweet. It's not a REAL lemon taste if it's sweet.