PDA

View Full Version : Barbeques - work of the devil?

Pages : 1 [2]

moonshadow
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:35 PM
i looove barbeques!

portabello (field) mushrooms are divine bbqed. fry's stuff turns out quite nice, too :)

and asparagus and corn and kebabs. mmm... bbqed cherry tomatoes...

yes, i do love a barbeque :)

moonshadow
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM
and polenta!!! can't forget polenta!!!!

Wildflower
Jul 18th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I love grilling veggies, but i have to say i don't get the whole idea of "cooking out" or "grilling out" as like a function...I don't know, people always say to me, "Are you going to "grill out" tonight?"

What does that even mean??? :confused:

to me, grilling is a way to cook food, so asking me that is like asking if I am going to microwave or use the toaster! :rolleyes:

I guess here bbq means drinking lots of beer in your backyard with neighbours.

I love to grill in the fall best. The gas grill doesn't work right when it gets too hot. Year round griller here! :D

Maisiepaisie
Jul 18th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Love vegan barbecues, hate flesh eater ones :mad: Last night some neighbours were having a barbie. Theres no way I can keep the windows open with the stench of burning flesh, bearing in mind that besides the awful smell those fumes are carcinogenic. I don't want my family to breath that. There should be a law against barbies, unless they're vegan that is :p

eco
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Definitely the work of the devil! The food is chared on the outside and quite often undercooked on the inside and the smell of paraffin makes me feel quite nauseous. Loads of people near me have them, and of course it's all dead animal, so that makes the smell even worse. People can be quite selfish as well by having them in parks and on the beach and the paraffin smelling smokes wafts over everyone and everything. Who ever invented the nasty things should be roasted on one of their own creations! :D

Mr Flibble
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:20 PM
barbequing with paraffin?

Pob
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Firelighters are parrafin are they not?

They pong.

Mr Flibble
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:31 PM
sorry, was thinking in terms of actual fuel as opposed to something that burns just for a few minutes

eco
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:48 PM
barbequing with paraffin?
Yes, people still use the stuff despite being told not to. Incredibly, some even use petrol! There was a case on my local news recently about someone who was badly burned when they used petrol in an effort to light a bbq.

There is the distinct pong of paraffin in the air for hours near me (bless my neighbours :rolleyes: ). I've seen them put paraffin on their bbq.

cedarblue
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:05 PM
been invited to brother-in-laws for bbq tomorrow

you just know how its going to be before you go dont you??:(

aubergine
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
been invited to brother-in-laws for bbq tomorrow

you just know how its going to be before you go dont you??:(

I take it you're taking something to eat then. You shouldn't have to though...

codebug
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
I was king of the grill back when I was an omnivore. However, I feel so sorry for those of you served burnt food. You don't have to burn/scorch the food to grill it. Most people do burn food on the BBQ, which is sad. When I prepared meals, I tried not to burn anything. I grilled everything I could: Pizza, turkey, breakfast potatoes for mashing, chicken fried rice, meatloaf, corn. But I grilled because I like the flavor hickory smoke adds to vegetables. Hickory sweetens up veggies nicely. I haven't had a vegan grill since I have switched because I mainly enjoyed grilling up masterpieces for the joy of wowing my friends.

I advise you BBQ haters to try some things. To avoid burn, rotate frequently and shield with aluminum foil.

Grill some vegan pizza with hickory smoke. You'll love it.

Get a grill basket, pile in the veggies, including mushrooms. You'll love it.

Vegan meat analogues (being veggies) sweeten up when smoked since they are veggies, anyway.