PDA

View Full Version : is soya latte vegan?

dada
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
from starbucks that is.
so is it?
i have it several times a week before stepping in the office.

Mr Flibble
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Last time i checked they use granovita (apple sweetened) soya milk. They tend to use seperate jugs and spatulas and wipe the steaming nozzle inbetween soya and dairy.

It may be worth asking them thou incase they have additives in their ground coffee. Also many people boycott starbucks for various reasons (see google for more).

dada
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM
hmm, thanks for the reply.
what about Nero? they serve soya milk in coffee also, but there's none in my work area.
plenty of Pret here, but they don't do soya.

i'm more of a tea person. only during weekday mornings i'm this horrible coffee addict.

Mr Flibble
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Many people (myself included) boycott Pret as 33% of all their profits go to McDonalds. I've no idea about Nero, last time i checked Costa use So Good fresh soya milk

aubergine
Jul 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I have a black filter coffee or americano to bypass the nozzle. Nero do very good coffee.

dada
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Many people (myself included) boycott Pret as 33% of all their profits go to McDonalds.

didn't know pret feeds mcdonalds :eek:
same owner?

dada
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I have a black filter coffee or americano to bypass the nozzle. Nero do very good coffee.

i drink black also (rarely do now), but have to put LLLOOOTTTSSSS sugar in it which is not good.

Maisiepaisie
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I go to Cafe Nero with friends sometimes. As far as I'm aware their soya lattes are vegan, thats all I drink there.

psychocandy
Jul 17th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I've had a decaf soya latte in caffe nero. i think they use alpro soya milk.

lozza
Jul 17th, 2006, 09:32 AM
starbucks are evil.

costa is ok. and caffe nero is good :) most places that offer soya milk, use alpro or so good or something. i love going to caffe nero, getting a soya latte, and some (dark) chocolate covered coffe beans. its the best.

CAFFIENE HIT!

Syren
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:58 AM
Last time I checked Starbucks used a specially-formulated Silk product? As far as I know, it's vegan.. but don't take my word on it, I've hardly ever been there, heh.

Cherry
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM
No silk in the UK, but sure the stuff they use in Starbucks and The Second Cup in Canada is vegan.

Black coffee's nice but sometimes you just need a latte :o :D

The nozzle thing is definitely disturbing - I tell myself that the people are very good at cleaning :p :rolleyes:

treehugga
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Make your own.

A mug of soy milk microwaved for 1 minute with chocolate chai added. Heaven!

dada
Jul 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
yea, i sprinkle cinnammon on my latte... hmm...

Cherry
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:06 PM
I make my own coffee as well. No microwave though ;) I went to my mum's today and had a frothy cappucino type thing. No espresso maker but it was great :D

From time to time tho it's good to have coffee when you're away from home (like when you're half way down the M6 and are falling asleep) and I think it's cool that so many coffee places do soya now.

Maisiepaisie
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:53 PM
The nozzle thing is definitely disturbing I agree. They just usually give it a quick wipe with a cloth. I try not to think about it :eek:

kriz
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm having a homemade latte accompanied by a delicious Vegan Trail-Mix cookie!:)

aubergine
Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
I agree. They just usually give it a quick wipe with a cloth. I try not to think about it :eek:

The cloth is probably more hazardous than the milk.

lozza
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:54 PM
most coffee shops have 2 milk nozzles, and i guess those that use soya milk will keep a separate wand for each type of milk.

*convinces self* :)