PDA

View Full Version : Adez / Unilever

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Flibble
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed a new juice/soya milk thingy in supermarkets called Adez? Morrisons are currently flogging it off cheap. It has no mention of vegan on either the packaging or the leaflet by the shelf, but according to the website (http://www.adez.com/) it is vegan.

Personally Unilever have been on my boycott list for the past 7 years and I shalln't be buying this, but it is interesting that they would choose to launch such a product (their first major new product in 12 years according to them). It can only be a good thing that companies with such a large distribution channel are seeing the potential in and helping bring vegan/soya products to the mainstream.

psychocandy
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I heard about this on another site i post on but as soon as it was mentioned it was made by Unilever i lost all interest. I havent actaully seen it in the shops myself yet.

paulvegan
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:00 PM
thanks ive seen it advertised and taken no notice of it, didnt no it was unilever"Washes whiter". thanks i wont be buying it.

herbwormwood
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Do you care if the soya is GM? The big companies are into GM. Is it GM, I don't buy anythiing containing GM ingredients. Unilever tests on animals too.
I haven't seen it either.

Mr Flibble
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Goodness, I feel like I'm pimping this even thou I've already stated I boycott Unilever and their products ;)

From their website (link in first post):

A lot of people worry about the genetic modification (GM) of food products. Especially soya. We want everyone to enjoy AdeZ - worry-free! After all, too much stress isn't healthy. So we made sure that the soya we use is guaranteed non-GM. For your - and our - peace of mind

RedWellies
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Mr F as a pimp, well!!

I tried this at a friend's house (didn't know who made it at the time, just that it was vegan). It was quite nice. And you're right, Mr Flibble, it is an interesting step for them.

paulvegan
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Do you care if the soya is GM? The big companies are into GM. Is it GM, I don't buy anythiing containing GM ingredients. Unilever tests on animals too.
I haven't seen it either.

it is gm free,

it the trend for large scummy companies to to get involved with products like this,ie the body shop/l'oreal, nestle try to buy or have brought green and blacks , also they are meant to be or going to suplie the co-op all there own brand chocolate .
its a way for big companies to get all the market buying there products,burger places having veggie burgers etc.

RedWellies
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
nestle try to buy or have brought green and blacks ,
As far as I'm aware, Cadburys own G and B's.

Mr Flibble
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Indeed: http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/EN/Brands/FindBrand/findabrand_results.htm?brand=320&country=UK

paulvegan
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:12 PM
but i did say are trying to.

absentmindedfan
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM
You know what Mr F? I saw these Adez adverts in the underground as was curious as to what size of company would be able to afford marketing a soya product so much. I then found a carton, saw the word Unilever and thought of you. I actually thought to myself 'shall I start a thread warning others about this? Nah, Flibble will do it soon enough'.

Creepy.

RedWellies
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:18 PM
but i did say are trying to.
OK, I didn't know they are (hope I didn't upset you?)...(ooohh, off topic! Sorry Mr F!)

scruffyhead
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:37 AM
:( i didnt know it was made by Unilever ive been drinking this from my local shop booths! sorry wont be anymore...

aubergine
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:54 AM
You could write to them to tell them why... :)

puffin
Jul 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
:( i didnt know it was made by Unilever ive been drinking this from my local shop booths! sorry wont be anymore...
I have bought it to. Only noticed the other day who it was made by :rolleyes: I should read the whole carton not just whats in it in future.

sproutsfan
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.adez.com/

Just noticed this stuff advertised. Apparently it's sold in most or all supermarkets in the UK now. I'm going to look out for it next time I'm out. It's got the same amount of calcium as milk although unfortunately not vitamin D, plus B6, vit. C and magnesium. I haven't been keen on the soya drinks I've tried so far so I'm hopeful about this one. It must be decent tasting or I don't suppose it would be mainstream. :)

RedWellies
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM
It is but as it's a Unilever product, I think some people won't buy it. I think it was mentioned on another thread recently (sorry, can't remember which one!)

Edit...those mods are quick today!!

sproutsfan
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Hmph, the search feature didn't bring this thread up...

I didn't know it was from Unilever. Shame. Still, it's good that they're moving in this direction. :)

sandra
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:59 PM
At the risk of everyone coming down on me like a ton of bricks, I sort of feel you should encourage big companies when they make anything that's vegan. I feel it would show them the right way to go, it's a bit like the conflict over here. We all had to agree to something we didn't really feel totally happy with in order to get peace, sometimes it's a means to an end.

Tromaville
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
This one looks like a good target to put leaflets next to in the shop explaining what unilever does. Lets face it theres plenty of other soya milk and fruit juice out there that is easily available that people can switch to (it's not that hard to mix a bit of soya milk and fruit juice at home ;) ).

Trom

sandra
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Yes, this is true, but don't you think that sometimes people have to be encouraged to do what's right? For years over here one lot of politicians wouldn't talk to another so nothing got done. We can certainly let these companies know that we don't like what they do, but try aswell to work towards changing their methods.

aubergine
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather support a smaller company that doesn't test on animals. Can you imagine if Alpro (or whoever makes it) went out of business because Unilever came to dominate the soya market?

sandra
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Yes, I agree, I say support the smaller companies first, I'm fully behind those companies who don't test, but all I'm saying is, try to encourage those ones that are showing some movement towards what we want. Much as I would hate showing any leniency towards companies like Unilever, I shudder even typing their name, but if it gets what we want in the long run, I think it's worth it. Maybe, I'm only seeing things from my own experience of life over here, but if I thought I had to dance with the Devil to stop companies like Unilever, I would do it.

veganbikerboy
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
when i went to the isle of wight festival they were giving free samples of this away, and i loved it:D i am not a fan of soyamilk so it was good for me to drink, and since then had been buying it.

I gave some to some vegan friends to try and the first question they asked was who makes it, i hadn't even looked:o

Ii is real shame and haven't bought any since.

paulvegan
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:44 PM
i know some vegans who brought it,till the voice of doom(me) told them who made it.