PDA

View Full Version : Where to find certain products in UK

Pages : 1 [2]

Jamie
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Fibs, how are tofutti associated with tofurky?

Mr Flibble
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:17 PM
My appologies, I got confused.

It was in planet organic (just off tottenham court road) around xmas 2004, I've also seen their slices in an independant shop in devon (a few years ago, can't remember exactly which).

RedWellies
Nov 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
how are tofutti associated with tofurky?

Both start with to?

herbwormwood
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I think nut savory is something which is no longer sold. Leah Leneman's been around for a long time! In fact I am not sure she is still with us? Some of her ingredients are vintage vegan.

Jamie
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I thought maybe it was something like Tofutti import Tofurky into the UK or secretly own it or something :o Mr Fibs knows nearly all so I thought I might have been missing something :)

Catie
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I've been looking for that organica vegan milk chocolate. It was mentioned in Olive magazine and it said that it was sold in Waitrose and health food shops and I've been to 3 different waitrose's and I can't find it. So, does anyone know anywhere that has it in berkshire or cambridge?

Thanks

Cherry
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I used to live in Cambridge, and would have thought that Arjuna on Mill Rd would sell it - maybe you could phone them? (01223) 364845

Failing that, there's always the Vegan Store :) Vegan Store (http://www.veganstore.co.uk/chocolate_index.html)

Catie
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks, I love Arjuna. I'll have a look next time I'm down there.

Johnah
Dec 10th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Catie,

Go to http://www.truefood.coop - they hold regular organic food sales in the Reading area and have the organica milk, white and mint choc bars. You can see the dates and venues of the sales on their website. They have a lot of other vegan stuff at reasonable prices too.

John

Catie
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Ooh, thanks, I went to one of them in summer and they had loads of interesting things. I'll have a look next time there's one held near me.

shelstar
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Isn't nut savory made from peanuts, and it's that stuff in a tin that's really hard to get out? I used to live on that when I first went vegetarian, in the long dim and distant past....(shuffles off)

sandra
Dec 11th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Yes, how do you get that stuff out. If it's the same stuff I bought a couple of months ago in Holland and Barratts. I just couldn't get it out and ended up spooning it out! :)

vegcurry
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Open the tin at both ends and slide a knife around the edge to free it from the tin, works fine for Nut Savoury and Patra (if you eat that).

sandra
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I did that Vegcurry, but it still wouldn't budge! Maybe I was just unlucky! :)

shelstar
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Do what Vegcurry did, but use one end of the tin, lid or bottom, one usually sticks, and push the nutmeat through, you have to push hard and may end up using a wooden spoon for the final shove. Nice with Branston type pickle on a buttie.

sandra
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I'll give that a go Shelstar, and I never thought about spreading it on bread either, good idea, thanks! :)

shelstar
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:19 PM
The one I used was fairly solid, I sliced it and had it cold, usually on sandwiches I took to work....hope you like it after all that effort getting it out!;)

sandra
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Hope so! :D

shelstar
Dec 13th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry for hijacking the thread, please resume normal service. :D

shelstar
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know where I could find Liquid Smoke?

Mr Flibble
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
You'll find that this and many questions have already been answered if you run a search (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5324&highlight=Liquid+Smoke). Appologies for the dodgy power phrase but it really is a win-win situation: it's quicker for you to find the answer and it keeps the forum tidier.

Jamie
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM
someone mentioned on this thread a shop called Cybercandy, selling liquid smoke, they are online but have a shop in Covent Garden so I'm going to have a look for it when we go for a shop next week. I hope it lasts a long time - I want to get one or two bottles and send on to Australia. And a bottle for now too!! :) I want to see why so many recipes want it.

Actually I should make sure I have enough recipes left, since most of my cookbooks are already en-route! :o