PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Vegan Camp 2006

meggymaggoo
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I got this from another board, looks fun :)

Vegan Camp, Summer 2006.

Log on to www.veggies.org.uk/vegancamp (http://www.veggies.org.uk/vegancamp) to see fuller details about the camp.

E-mail johnstrettlevc@yahoo.co.uk to request personal copies of the booking forms for the camp. Please do it now! All Welcome to visit (no minimum period of stay) the 26th Vegan Camp 2006 (singles, couples and families, established 1981) from the 5th – 19th August 2006 at Burrowhead Holiday Village, Tonderghie Road, Isle of Whithorn, Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire, DG8 8JB. (Please don't contact site itself except in emergency.)

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Hiya Meggymaggoo

Yeh, it does :)

I've been toying with the idea of vegan camp for a while but haven't made it there yet. I'm waiting for them to come back to the Lakes :D

Gliondrach
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM
You should go, Cherry. It's just round the corner from you. Just past Carlisle, then a sharp left turn.

I went to one Vegan Summer Camp. It was really nice. You can order various staple foodstuffs and they will be there waiting for you. That's how it used to be and I suppose they still do that. There were day trips organised for those who wanted to go on them. Communal meals for those who wanted to commune. Sing songs and other jolly gatherings. Orgies, and mud wrestling. No, forget that last bit. That was a dream I had last night. Well, most nights, actually.

I would love to go again but I can't. They made that perfectly clear the last time.

Go on. You know you want to.

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Yeh, it's just across the Solway.

It would take 3 hrs and 40 mins though from me, according to the email I got :D A bit too far just to pop in. Afraid I'm a bit too busy this Summer to spare a whole week, but I do intend to join in sometime.

meggymaggoo
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Hello Cherry and Gliondrach,

I just had a look at your profile Cherry - I love Scrabble also ;)

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Scrabble is cool.

I like the internet scrabble club's setup: internet scrabble club (http://www.isc.ro/)

I only play online with Mr Flibble, but he seems to have gone off scrabble, so if you fancy a game online give me a shout :D

meggymaggoo
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for that Sherry ;-)

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Sherry?!:p (Cs have more points than Ss you know ;))

meggymaggoo
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Sherry?!:p (Cs have more points than Ss you know ;))

It's the heat: it's melting my brain!

Apologies Querry! :p

Cherry
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:14 AM
No probs :D

Hmmmmm...we went a bit off topic there :D

:o Soooooo, has anyone else ever been to vegan camp?
Is anyone else toying with the idea?

FR
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM
That's hot.