PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

alisont
May 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks so much for that, so i can now have a pint of stronbow in the local:) most pubs seem tho have that or bulmers on tap which is useful as i often look round the selection and think i cant have any tab beers/ciders round here....

Frosty
May 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I started to get worried about the 'bow then, cumin :undecided: :dizzy: I live off the ruddy stuff! What on urf would I drink instead?!

alisont
May 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I think personally the Westons ciders nicer by far than strongbow but strong bow is more available, cheaper too. Sainsburys organinc ciders made by Westons and about £2.20 a 750ml bottle.

I get Dad to buy it for me as I dont drive but he only buys 2 bottles at a time:rolleyes:

sandra
May 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Thatchers cider is vegan too! :)

Frosty
May 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
That's a pretty good price. I mgiht have to give sme of that a try I think. The only reasons I buy 'bow is due to the availability and price really. My folks shop at Asda, and it's 2 crates for £16, and since cutting down these days that lasts me over a week now. Usually.

Frosty
May 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Frosty Jacks white cider is vegan, I believe ;) I wouldn't really recommend that though. It's alright in snakey, but on it's own it's a bit manky.

Soibeing
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
I use to drink beer esp. Heineken because of the book, "Animal Ingredients A-Z", that listed this brand and several other beers as vegan, but then I went to the forum for the documentary "Earthlings", and a member mentioned a clip in the film (animal testing portion) which showed a dog locked up in a cage and on the label, it was handwritten with the word "Heineken" on it! I wanted to make sure and so I watched the film again and that person was right. Now I know that just because a product has vegan ingredients, it doesn't mean the product wasn't animal tested. Who knows, maybe that clip was old and Heineken no longer test on animals.

Until they start putting bunny logos on beer and wine bottles, I think I'm just going to stick with soymilk, which sucks since I enjoy getting buzzed once in a while. :undecided:

emzy1985
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
I use to drink beer esp. Heineken because of the book, "Animal Ingredients A-Z", that listed this brand and several other beers as vegan, but then I went to the forum for the documentary "Earthlings", and a member mentioned a clip in the film (animal testing portion) which showed a dog locked up in a cage and on the label, it was handwritten with the word "Heineken" on it! I wanted to make sure and so I watched the film again and that person was right. Now I know that just because a product has vegan ingredients, it doesn't mean the product wasn't animal tested. Who knows, maybe that clip was old and Heineken no longer test on animals.

Until they start putting bunny logos on beer and wine bottles, I think I'm just going to stick with soymilk, which sucks since I enjoy getting buzzed once in a while. :undecided:

Add vodka to the soya milk ;):D

ellaminnowpea
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Vodka's good. Verrrrry important part of this vegan's lifestyle!

Mr Flibble
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Vodka + soya milk is one of the worst things I've ever tasted.

emzy1985
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM

Yeh me too! I suggested it really a little sarcastically. I only really drink Bud and Carlsberg tbh.

Mahk
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:34 PM

I added Kahlua and I'm drinking my first white Russian in perhaps two decades right now. Quite yummy.

I bought a bottle of Kahlua two decades ago, consumed it promptly and bought my second one only just last week (having seen here that it is vegan). For some odd reason I remember the price of the first bottle: $8.50. Last week's was exactly double: $17.

Soibeing
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:51 AM
Yeh me too! I suggested it really a little sarcastically. I only really drink Bud and Carlsberg tbh.

Never did liked the taste of alcohol anywaz so mixing the two probably wouldn't of bothered me, just missed getting tipsy :cool:

Mr Flibble
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
I added Kahlua and I'm drinking my first white Russian in perhaps two decades right now. Quite yummy.

Kahlua is one of our staples; there's always a bottle in the fridge. I believe that we're on our 5th or 6th since I met Cherry.

Shrapnel
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Add vodka to the soya milk ;):D

Dude, I just saw this now, actually tried that when I made soy milk before. I was out of sugar, and wondering what else could be used to flavor it, and poured in some vodka. Was kinda nasty <_< Rum at least was better :p

emzy1985
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I only have roughly 50 cans of beer left to drink and then I'm off booze. I've decided to try the straight edge thing, 1) because it already fits in with my lifestyle and some of my friends are Straight Edge and 2) because it is fucking up my health and my relationship.

I may decide after a coupla months to go back to moderate drinking, but right now because I am having a tough time of it, alcohol is becomming escapism.

(The 50 beers are to be drunk at the festival I'm going to next week!)

Frosty
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Good luck with the straight edge, emzy. I think it'd be really good to do that. Even if you do only last a couple of months, it must be good for your physical and mental health to be off alcohol.

Anyway, I hear cider calling me! :D

ellaminnowpea
Jun 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
or ya could give me the 50 beers!
like i need that, im gettin fat!

Shrapnel
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I only have roughly 50 cans of beer left to drink and then I'm off booze. I've decided to try the straight edge thing, 1) because it already fits in with my lifestyle and some of my friends are Straight Edge and 2) because it is fucking up my health and my relationship.

I may decide after a coupla months to go back to moderate drinking, but right now because I am having a tough time of it, alcohol is becomming escapism.

(The 50 beers are to be drunk at the festival I'm going to next week!)
Cool! Good luck =) I went off alcohol this year for Lent, and that alone took some effort (well, mostly since St. Patrick's Day fell on Lent... something I didn't exactly realize until after Ash Wednesday >_>). I hope you enjoy the benefits

emzy1985
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
No beer for you. Beer for me!

Thanks for the support guys! :) (I almost typed gays then....lol!!)

ellaminnowpea
Jun 9th, 2008, 11:15 PM
hehe so are you still thinking about going sXe?

(emzy! i ate ketchup with mushrooms the other day, i was thinking of you!)

rxkitten
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure if anyone found a definative answer on Koppenberg cider, but I found this web page http://www.veggiewines.co.uk/popularbeers.htm that states it's vegan and this, which seems to be an email from the company...
12/02/2008

Hi!

According to our consultant product developer our cider is suitable for vegetarians/vegans.

Best Regards

Fredrik Bjornehall
Customer Relations
konsumentkontakt@kopparbergs.se

Mr Flibble
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:49 PM
It's on page 12 of this thread :)

I've just bought some actually, along with some westons perry that I've not seen in supermarkets before.

Corum
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I haven't got page 12 of this thread... mine only goes up to 7! :D

Risker
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
'Stinger' nettle beer from River Cottage

The question I asked was is it suitable for vegans, here is the response.

The answer is yes but only for the bottled version. The draft version is not suitable because of the use of isinglass finings in the cask.

Regards

Tim Morris

Dr T M Morris
Head Brewer
Hall & Woodhouse Ltd