PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Mahk
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:00 AM
Thanks for that barnivore link Eat Y'self Fitter.

I'm glad to hear that Heineken is vegan. It is not one I ever ask for but I find it drinkable and the great thing is that it is found almost everywhere at all restaurants and bars near me (or the whole US, I'd assume). A great "back up plan", that is.

Eat Y'self Fitter
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
Yea I love that site, its very useful, its nice to know the majority of popular beers in the US, are vegan. IE Budweiser, Coors, Pabst, Sam Adams, etc. I agree with you about heiniken its so boring, theres no flavor.

Its a useful website because I'm under 21 and therefore have very little say about what beer I drink because its at parties and I just hate hassling telling people to buy weird stuff for me. But thursdays my birthday so I'm using that to pick myself up a little birthday six pack for after class I'm gonna need it this weeks been stressful.

Eat Y'self Fitter
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
Yea I love that site, its very useful, its nice to know the majority of popular beers in the US, are vegan. IE Budweiser, Coors, Pabst, Sam Adams, etc. I agree with you about heiniken its so boring, theres no flavor.

Its a useful website because I'm under 21 and therefore have very little say about what beer I drink because its at parties and I just hate hassling telling people to buy weird stuff for me. But thursdays my birthday so I'm using that to pick myself up a little birthday six pack for after class I'm gonna need it this weeks been stressful.

Corum
Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Budweiser, Coors, Pabst, Sam Adams, etc. I agree with you about heiniken its so boring, theres no flavor.

Sorry, joking aside, but with that statement, you can tell you're under 21. :)

IMHO, Budweiser (the american version) and Coors have even less taste than Heineken. I wouldn't drink them if they were the only beers in the entire world.

If ever you get chance, try the Czech version (the original) Budweiser Budvar. A thousand times more taste and still vegan.

After tomorrow (Happy Birthday in advance), try seeking out some of the Craft breweries that are in your area! You'll be astounded at the taste of some of those beers! :D

TofuChomper
Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
I had a drink in a pub the other day and the ice was yellow.

Should I be worried?

snaffler
Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Cider help from an old bumpkin

All Westons Cider - Bottle,Can,Box,Keg,Draught VEGAN :)
Thatchers Cider - Bottle,Can,Box,Keg,Draught VEGAN :)
Riches Farmhouse Cider - Bottle,Can,Box,Keg,Draught VEGAN :)

You will find almost all traditional cider is vegan, but beware of fake commercial ciders that do not actual in my opinion as a Somerset Boy and a self proclaimed Cider expert taste anything like real cider should due to chemicals and production methods. I have done a lot of research into this.

Beware of Strongbow, Magners, White Ciders,

Commercial ciders that are ok are Old English, Scrumpy Jack but they do not really taste like cider should.

VeganJ
May 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
i just wanted to know if Strongbow is suitable for vegans? If not what other ciders are ok?
Thanks
x

mr_benjamin
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Most of the stuff brewed at Samuel Adams is vegan, which is what I drink. Two of their products use honey though. :(

Strangely, thier cream stout uses no dairy. o.o

treaclemine
May 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.outstandingbeers.com/

Although the four people involved are not vegan themselves, they are actively spreading awareness of isinglass == fish used in most beer making.

None of the Outstanding ales are fined at the brewery, and the pump clip says 'vegan' BUT the landlords are told they can fine the ales if they wish, and should then black out the word 'vegan' if they use non-vegan finings in the pub.

Cumin
May 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
i just wanted to know if Strongbow is suitable for vegans? If not what other ciders are ok?
Thanks
x

VeganJ,
If you search this thread you will see lots of posts about strongbow. The short answer is; possibly not vegan.

derwenna
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
Bah, just had an email from Kopparberg customer services saying they use gelatin to filter it. Which is annoying because I thought it was vegan, but maybe not:

Hi,

It is correct that gelatin is used in the filtration process, but there is nothing left of that in the final product.

Regards,

Ellinor Bouvin
Kopparbergs Bryggeri

Marrers
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Oh no, I also thought that. :(

eta Just found this posted on 30/3/08 so obviously something has changed since then or they mistakenly thought it was vegan as long as there was none left in the final product.

A while back there was some confusion as to the veganness of Koppaberg Cider. After several emails, and lack of responses from myself and other members from the forum, I have come across this on the interweb...

Hi!

According to our consultant product developer our cider is suitable for vegetarians/vegans.

Best Regards

Fredrik Bjornehall
Customer Relations
konsumentkontakt@kopparbergs.se

Gorilla
Jun 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
oh no i looooooooove Kopparberg pear cider and i bought 8 cans of it the other day :( :mad:

bradders
Jun 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
yuk, it's hardly cider it's alcoholic pop that has very little juice content and lots of added sugar. Vodka and appletiser would taste better. So at least this stops me from buying that rubbish.

Zero
Jun 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Damn it! I've got 3 bottles of Kopparberg in the fridge. Back to hunting for Weston's I guess.

bradders
Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
there's still aspalls and dunkertons too. much more tasty

Gorilla
Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
i don't like Dunkertons, i don't think it tastes of much and is too strong. can't remember if i've tried Aspalls.

BlackCats
Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I've never tried Aspalls or Dunkertons. I might look out for them. That is annoying about Koppaberg,:rollseyes_ani: that stuff was nice.

bradders
Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
I like the premium organic and black fox ciders from dunkertons, dry crisp and tasty.
Aspalls has a fuller flavour but is pricey. Westons is a good all rounder really.

Ms_Derious
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Okkaaaay, Random question from that strange new girl.... Where can I get hold of a vegan beer with one of those 'popcaps' like used to be on all Grolsch Bottles?

I need it for bottleing Kombuca. I figure buying the bottles empty is probably about the same price as buying them with beer in them, and this way, I get beer... so, win win :D

bradders
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
not sure but I know they sell the empty bottles in ikea.

Buddha Belly
Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Okkaaaay, Random question from that strange new girl.... Where can I get hold of a vegan beer with one of those 'popcaps' like used to be on all Grolsch Bottles?

I need it for bottleing Kombuca. I figure buying the bottles empty is probably about the same price as buying them with beer in them, and this way, I get beer... so, win win :D

What area of the UK are you in?

Ms_Derious
Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
What area of the UK are you in?

South East... near to Milton Keynes

Buddha Belly
Jun 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
www.jphomebrew.co.uk (http://www.jphomebrew.co.uk)
83 Newport Road,
New Bradwell, Milton Keynes

or
www.kthomebrew.co.uk (http://www.kthomebrew.co.uk/)
117 Queensway, Bletchley
Situated inside UK Smokers.

They should do the large Grolsch style bottles

Ms_Derious
Jun 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Ooh, Thanks Buddha, that's really kind of you to look that out for me :)

@>-->-->---