PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32

Mr Flibble
Oct 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Smirnoff no longer claim their vodka to be vegan

So are we all invited on Friday then Frank, or are you drinking that lot yourself?

Gorilla
Oct 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Really ??? are you sure??? please tell me you're wrong. I always drink this when i'm out as it's the only cider every pub in the land seems to sell and I can always guarantee there'll be something I can drink without remembering tons of lager brands that are vegan....

it's been discussed a lot in this very thread. basically, the company that makes Strongbow have said that while most of it is probably ok, they sometimes buy in supplies from other factories that use non-vegan filtering methods. so, there's no way of knowing whether what you're drinking is vegan or not.

Daffodil
Oct 22nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
it's been discussed a lot in this very thread. basically, the company that makes Strongbow have said that while most of it is probably ok, they sometimes buy in supplies from other factories that use non-vegan filtering methods. so, there's no way of knowing whether what you're drinking is vegan or not.

OOps sorry, I should have read the whole thread :o

thank you for filling me in *gutted*

Daffodil
Oct 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Smirnoff no longer claim their vodka to be vegan

OMG go on, ruin my day....first Strongbow and now this!!!
why ever not???? *goes back to read the whole thread incase this has already been discussed*

Daffodil
Oct 22nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
I like the premium organic and black fox ciders from dunkertons, dry crisp and tasty.
Aspalls has a fuller flavour but is pricey. Westons is a good all rounder really.

I can vouch for Aspalls....it is gorgeous. And it's 7% so drink with caution lol.

Frank
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
So are we all invited on Friday then Frank, or are you drinking that lot yourself?

If I was having a party bud - you know you'd be invited :D

This list is for the bar at the West Midlands Vegan Festival on Saturday.

gertvegan
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.vintageroots.co.uk/images/products/IEZ27-0.jpg

Just tried River Cottage Stinger Ale, and very nice too. :rollseyes_ani:

http://www.vintageroots.co.uk/product.asp?id=1989

shez
Nov 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
hi guys, went to a pub today, who were having a German ale festival :) and tried some of the dark ales, and have to tell you all, those of you who miss Guinness (like I do!) you have to try Kostritzer schwarzbier it tastes just like Guinness , be it the bottle not draught, but still very nice:thumbsup: x

sandra
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I wonder if you can buy it in shops Shez? :)

Mr Flibble
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
you may be interested in previous discussions on why the age ofd vegan myth of why produced in germany doesn't nessecarily equal vegan.

Gwydion
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
^ Was thinking the same thing, but I couldn't be arsed to search for it :D

sandra
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
^:D

I just assumed Shez had found out if this particular beer was indeed vegan, but I always investigate myself anyway. I'm Googling as we speak! :)

jasminschade
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Uh...Yeah that's it. I guess I just heard false rumors. :(

Vancouver is a wonderful city, I've lived here all my life. It has a few, you know, not-so-nice areas (all cities do) but over-all a beautiful place to live.

The Vegan Society has a link for vegan alcoholic drinks
http://www.vegansociety.com/food/drink/alcohol/

Mr Flibble
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM
The Vegan Society has a link for vegan alcoholic drinks
http://www.vegansociety.com/food/drink/alcohol/

See Vegan Myths (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25159&highlight=myths).

shez
Nov 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
hi there, i'm sure you can buy kostritzer on line, but probably only in bulk, if anyone knows where i can get in from (u.k) please let me know. ow yer, just for the record, I did do a little checking first and as far as i can tell kostritzer dark is vegan, geez now you guys have me doubting myself haha.

Mr Flibble
Nov 10th, 2009, 05:42 PM
OMG go on, ruin my day....first Strongbow and now this!!!
why ever not???? *goes back to read the whole thread incase this has already been discussed*

from barnivore:

Update: Aug 09
Company Email:
"We would like to inform you that while we do not use any animal products, we do not certify our suppliers or our products as being vegan at this time. We sincerely apologize for any "

Mr Flibble
Nov 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I had a drink in a pub the other day and the ice was yellow.

Should I be worried?

Yes

bradders
Dec 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dear Richard

Thank-you for your e-mail and enquiry.

As the process stands at the moment, Gaymers Cider is suitable for vegetarians / vegans , however and I must stress ,

" We reserve the right to use Fining agents such as isinglass, in the cider making process".

If we ever use this process which we reserve the right to do, the cider would then be filtered to remove the finings but there many be slight traces left, we would then not be able to say that Addlestones is vegetarian / vegan friendly.

Thank-you for contacting us and we hope the information provided has been of some use.

so regular emailing required when buying this

Kind Regards

Mr Flibble
Dec 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I think the same is required for all brands; they are just a bit more honest and forthcoming with info than others.

Gwydion
Dec 9th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks bradders :thumbsup:

Risker
Jan 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I need to know if any of these are vegan or not.

I'm hoping a few people can contribute as I need to complete the list Friday evening at latest.

BOTTLES & CANS
KALIBER

Just a few months late...

Thank you so much for your recent email. We always love to hear from our loyal consumers, their thoughts and comments, as it keeps us in touch with the people that matter - you!

In response to your query, Kaliber is, like most of our other beers, produced with the aid of isinglass. Isinglass is a fish product used to help remove the yeast at the end of the beer production process. While most of the isinglass is removed, we cannot guarantee 100% removal of isinglass.

Some vegetarians may find this acceptable. As we understand it, the fact that any animal product has been used in production of Kaliber is sufficient to make it unsuitable for vegans.

I hope this information is useful to you and that you continue to enjoy our brands.

upior
Mar 26th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I always thought all alcohols except Tequilla were vegan so I was very surprised to read that so many of them are not.
I don't normally drink alcohol but I really like Belgian Kriek. Does anyone know if it's vegan?

Mr Flibble
Mar 26th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I don't know about belgian kriek specifically (other than that there's every chance it uses isinglass), but know that Sam Smiths sell a vegan cherry beer (bottled).

upior
Mar 28th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I sent an e-mail to Beers of Europe to ask what is used for clarification of Kriek.
I hope they will answer.

Mr Flibble
Mar 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM
You really need to contact individual manufacturers - entire industries don't work to the same ingredients / production methods.