PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

veganbikerboy
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
the animal free shopper usually has a good comprehensive list of vegan alcohol. the first section i memorise each time there is a new issue

veggiechick
Mar 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hey There!

Some Westons ciders have lables that say suitable for vegans. If that's any help?

VeggieChickxx

tabitha
Mar 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thank you Veggiechick. Im not keen on cider any more. Had too many evil hangovers in my youth from it.

snaffler
Mar 20th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Listed on some of the Main Veggie Drink websites is Hall-Woodhouse Badger Beers, they are NOT vegan now !

Mail below

-------------
Morning Jayson,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have been out of the office all last week. Firstly I would like to point out that MALTHOUSE, OASTHOUSE AND COUNTRY are no longer produced. TANGLEFOOT, I can confirm does contain Isinglass.

I hope this answers your questions. If you require any further info then please contact me direct.

Many thanks
Steve White
TECHNICAL TEAM LEADER.

Holly78
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Since I became vegan I have stopped drinking wine when out in bars/restaurants because it almost certainly isn't vegan. So I drink lagers instead that I know are vegan (e.g Budweiser). It is almost always possible to get it but does anyone know which other popular lagers are also vegan just in case? Off the top of my head....

Budvar?
Carling?
Fosters?
Stella Artois?
Indian lagers such as Cobra?
Heineken?

Thanks very much!

RedWellies
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hi Holly, I think there's a thread on that here somewhere. Stella is not vegan. Becks is vegan. From memory, I think Cobra and Heineken are vegan.

Edited to say...check out Isitvegan.info

mophoto
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Amstel light:)

Holly78
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have checked out www.isitvegan.info (http://www.isitvegan.info)

I also did some 'googling' and found this which I thought I would share...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geraint.bevan/Vegetarian_beers.html

The Budvar email sounds like it is vegan - would others agree?

dharma
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Holsten Pils and Hoegaarten are vegan as well.

maya
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Puke! I dont wanna talk about beer right now! Ugh! Running, hiding and gagging!!!

Russ
Apr 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm glad to hear strongbow and most ales are vegan, I live in the hope that woodpecker cider is too ...
though I don't drink much any more, but I used to ... a lot ... too much ... :(

In moderation, alcohol is good for you. Something like one pint of beer a day does more good than harm, but any more cancels out any positive effects.

I saw some people talking about alcohol from Marks and Spencer up there ... I'd just like to add that anyone concerned about human rights (humans are animals too, remember) should probably be boycotting Marks and Spencer since they fund Israeli state terrorism against Palestine, among other things (i.e. sweatshop made clothes). And it's all overpriced. Support your local off licence instead!

boom
Apr 29th, 2006, 01:45 PM
i miss drinking,i had to quit,but i use to assume all beers and alcohol wasn't vegan,i use to think they all had honey in it,

geysir111
May 9th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Sorry to haven't read everything but this thread is interesting but quite long ;)

So actually I think that this is very important to create thread like these: there is a big lack of information about vegan drugs (in this case: vegan alcohol). The other thread about vegan cigarettes is interesting too.

For alcoholic beverages, I know that most absinthes are vegan. At least, the absinthes made in the traditional french or swiss way are vegans. And I am pretty sure all french and swiss absinthes are made in the traditional way. I have no evidence about spanish absinthes, but because it's a bit the same kind of absinthe as the french one, but of average quality, so I suppose it would be vegan, but beware of the absinthes with colors other than green, dark green, greenish, emerald, turquoise, sallow or yellowish. I have drunk red and black absinthes, but this was obviously colored by additives. About East Europe Absinthes, I have really no idea of how it's made but still, I would doubt the presence of animal byproducts.
Absinthe is great but Consume with Moderation.

Does anybody know about good vegan beers? Good new that german beers are vegan, but they're just good, or average depending of the beers. I rarely drink american, english or french beers as most of them aren't as good. Do you know about abbey beers and trappist beers? I've always been persuated that they were vegan, but if someone could confirm me that...

Christophe

snaffler
May 9th, 2006, 11:25 AM
HERES THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POST

Since I became vegan I have stopped drinking wine when out in bars/restaurants because it almost certainly isn't vegan. So I drink lagers instead that I know are vegan (e.g Budweiser). It is almost always possible to get it but does anyone know which other popular lagers are also vegan just in case? Off the top of my head....

Budvar? YES
Carling? NO - Isinglass Used
Fosters? NO - Isinglass Used
Stella Artois? NO - Isinglass Used
Indian lagers such as Cobra? Yes Cobra and Kingfisher are Vegan
Heineken? Yes as are Carlsberg and Carlsberg Export
Becks Yes

Thanks very much!

rantipole
May 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know of a master list of vegan alcohol in the US? Wine is one of the few areas of my life not veganized and I'd love to rectify that. Thanks!

Cheers,
rant

nobacon
May 15th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I have problems in about 40% of pubs I go in. The amount that serve only Fosters/Stella/Carling etc is amazing. I can usually have Smirnoff Ice but that's a bit sickly and a last resort really. Plus bottles are so expensive for what you get. It would solve most problems if Strongbow was vegan, but I don't suspect it is, not on draught at least, and you can't usu buy cans in pubs.

Anyone have any info on draught Strongbow, please?

Risker
May 15th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I've read people on this forum talking about drinking it so I think you might be ok... Hopefully someone can confirm.

nobacon
May 15th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Cheers.:) I'd better wait for confirmation, though.

Risker
May 15th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Cheers.:) I'd better wait for confirmation, though.

Give them a ring or write to them;

Bulmers
The Cider Mills
Plough Lane
Hereford
HR4 0LE

Tel: 01432 352000

Even if someone does give you confirmation it's always good to get up to date information and also the more requests for information from vegans they will get the more we will be paid attention to (I hope).

nobacon
May 15th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I agree, good idea, although I'd rather email. I'll do a search:)

Risker
May 15th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah, same here, I couldn't find an email address, I did look.

nobacon
May 15th, 2006, 01:58 AM
They should surely have it as a FAQ. Anyway, I'll check back tomorrow:)

Kevster
May 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
News of a little place up near me, i'll be checking out their beers in the near future.....

http://www.littlevalleybrewery.co.uk/index.html

Quite possibly just the bottled conditioned ones though.... i'll have to check.

snaffler
May 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
They are in the new VS magazine Kev, it does so bottled beers in their.

Kevster
May 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
They are in the new VS magazine Kev, it does so bottled beers in their.

Aye, the local beer shop near me has just got a batch in. I'll be testing the lot.