PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Gorilla
May 28th, 2007, 11:46 PM
i don't think it's that rare, i know there are plenty of wines that are vegetarian but not vegan.

Mr Flibble
May 29th, 2007, 08:57 AM
actually the use of egg seems to be quite common.

Ara
May 30th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know if the koppaburg ciders are vegan? I emailed them a month or so ago but they didn't reply...

Corum
May 30th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I've found loads of Budvar outlets in Lewes. They range from the full pint bottles at the Elephant, to the tiddlers at the Lewes Arms.

It's a shame the vegan option doesn't tend to go much past chips at either though... :( unless you've got a fiver or so to spend on lunch.

Frosty
May 31st, 2007, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know if the koppaburg ciders are vegan? I emailed them a month or so ago but they didn't reply...

My friend has informed me that Koppaburg ciders aren't vegan I'm afraid, but to be honest I'm not too sure where she's getting her info from. I think it was one of those heard from a friend of a friend type things.. I might send them an email too, see if they get back to me. I have stopped drinking it since my friend said this to me, and I do miss drinking their cider, the Pear is rather refreshing :) So would be nice to find out a definate answer.

Ara
Jun 1st, 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah i used to love the pear too but haven't drunk it for ages for fear of the unknown! lol. I'm taking their lack of reply to mean that it's not vegan...but maybe they'll get back to you with good news!

twinkle
Jun 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
They're a danish company, aren't they? Are people writing in english? Maybe the people there don't understand the question?

Frosty
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
I mailed them today. They're a Swedish company, but they have a branch in Belfast (I think), so mailed them. Hopefully be hearing something soon :) The lack of response does kinda indicate to me that they either don't or just don't know. Or don't care.

vegcurry
Aug 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if the Perry in Waitrose is vegan? I can't seem to find much on their site about it. Apols if this has been answered elsewhere.

Marrers
Aug 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'm in the process of finding out about some alcohol-free vegan wines and beers. I'll post the details soon.

flutterby
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM
For info, since this thread was getting quite long, what with beer, cider, wine, spirit, pimms, and sangria posts etc, a number of posts have now been moved (where possible) to make seperate threads, all in the 'drink' forum. Hopefully making it easier for all to find info. Any queries, please pm me. ;)

RedWellies
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Great idea, Flutterby!

vegcurry
Sep 27th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I was at Westons Cider Farm/Vistors centre the other day on a tour of the cider factory, and found that not only are all their products are suitable for vegans (but you probably already knew this), but that they also bottle their ciders under the name of:

Tesco Oakleys Cider
Waitrose Traditional Farmouse Cider
Sainsburys Organic Westcountry Cider

They said a way to confirm it is Westons is if it says it's oak conditioned and from Herefordshire, then it's Westons.

BTW, their perry is really tasty :)

Gorilla
Sep 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
good to know, thanks vegcurry :)

sandra
Sep 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I didn't know that Vegcurry.........thanks! :)

Windfall
Sep 30th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I've been told that Kopparbergs pear cider is vegan, has anyone else heard anything different? (LOVE kopparberg, its a shame we dont get all the flavours here, in sweden there are so many more apart from apple and pear..)

BlackCats
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ooh really? I think I have tasted that a while back, it was yummy.

Frosty
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
I've been told that Kopparbergs pear cider is vegan, has anyone else heard anything different? (LOVE kopparberg, its a shame we dont get all the flavours here, in sweden there are so many more apart from apple and pear..)

I emailed them at their office in Belle-fast, but never received a reply. I know I'm not the only one on here that never received a reply from them as well. I heard that it wasn't vegan. I wish I knew a definate answer, cos it is tasty stuff, and haven't drank it just in case, since becoming vegan.

sandra
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM
Oh, I didn't know they were based in Belfast.................do you have their address Frosty and I'll pay them a visit! :)

(Why when I read that back did it sound ominous?:D)

Frosty
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:11 AM
Its main office is based in Sweden, but their UK distributor is in Belfast, and I thought I'd be able to get an answer from them rather than the Swedish office - being English speaking an all...

It did sound a little ominous, you're not going to letter bomb them are you? ;)

Kopparberg Cider
Cider of Sweden Ltd.
Suite 1, Malborough House
348 Lisburn Road,
Belfast BT9 6GH
Northern Ireland
T: +44 (0)28 90668901
F: +44 (0)28 90663370
E: info@ciderofsweden.com
Visit our Brewery Website @ http://www.kopparbergs.com (http://www.kopparbergs.com/)

sandra
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:21 AM
:D hee hee!

I'll call in the next time I'm up the Lisburn Road!:)

Gorilla
Oct 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
i have a Swedish colleague at work who drinks Kopparberg, and it does sound delicious, but i have no info about whether or not it's vegan. she's veggie but i don't know how strict she is about alcohol. i hope it's ok, i'd like to try it.

sugarmouse
Oct 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I have googled but cnnot find if Sourzare vegan. Anyone know?x

Rattdogg
Oct 6th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Does any one know where I can by some no animal derived Beer finings, as most google searches come up with severe amounts of cleverness as to what beer finings are but not where to get them.

Pete

Stu
Oct 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Is your username a wee pun on that of an existing member?