PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Childs School Offer Vegan Food?

Sheila
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm just curious to know if anyone has children in school and the school actually offers vegan options on the menu?

The school system my daughter is in has a menu with one vegan option per week listed though you can do a special request of Vegan Beans and Rice which is available daily with an advance notice.

https://extranet.cms.k12.nc.us/news/ChildNutritionMenus/LA-9-2006.pdf

I am wondering how our district is compared to others?

Thanks,
Sheila

Tigerlily
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Wow. Everything looks good, even the omni stuff isn't so bad. My old high school only had french fries, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and bacon-ranch smothered iceburg lettuce.

cedarblue
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:46 PM
no

Ashee
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Salad sandwitches thats about it... I make my sons lunches so I dont worry too much. But if I complained a lot I'm sure they would comply.
Hows this: a bbq for all (parents and children) I ask: what will be there to eat? the answer: snags and bread... this coming from a private school that is concerned about child obesity... It really makes me wonder
ps: did have a "slight" comment about that one!

PygmyGoat
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:59 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ha-Ha!!!!!. They wouldn't know where to start round here!!! :rolleyes: .

vegaspaz
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:37 AM
i am not a parent but i do attend high school. we have the following vegan options: organic celery with peanutbutter, clif and luna bars, regular and chocolate soymilk, asian crackers , and at times we have tofutti cuties. in our vending machines the only thing that appears to be vegan is original sunchips( although those most likely contain gmos).we also get bagels but i have not checked if those or vegan or not.however i usally pack my own goodies. they also claim to have vegetarian aloe vera jello.