View Full Version : Mini-questions and mini-answers about this forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Poison Ivy
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:48 PM
ah, okay...thanks for answering:)

fiamma
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hi,
Here's how I do it: First enter the word or phrase (eg: Protein).
Then select that word/phrase.
Now click on the insert Link-icon.
Enter (copy/paste) the URL there (eg: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3696)
Result: Protein (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3696&highlight=protein)
Hope this helps...

That's how I do it Korn - great minds think alike, eh :D

PainterLady
Nov 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM
My dear, sweet, beautiful friend ThreeStarBlue is trying to register and it is taking forever for her to be approved. How long does it usually take?

Korn
Dec 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Can I search in the member list and find other forum users based on their location?

Yes, if you use Advanced Member Search, and if the users have entered their location in a way that allows you to find them - eg. Bristol instead of The Universe... :)

Korn
Dec 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Why do you require that people enter their birthdate when they register?

Only because we'd like to know if children/minors are registering, because they have limited access to this site. We may change that in the future, and replace it with a dialog box asking if you are older than 13/18 years. The current system is the built-in solution, which means that we are 'COPPA'-compatible by using it.

FYI, that's changed now: We don't require your birthday (you may still enter it after you have registered), instead we ask you which age group you belong to: 0-13 (can't become a member yet), 13-18, or 18+.

aubergine
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:28 AM
First is it possible to make this thread a sticky?

Second has the maximum length for signatures been changed? It seems a lot more restrictive since about six months ago.

Cheers :)

Korn
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, and yes.
Cheers to you to. :)

Korn
Jan 30th, 2007, 11:14 AM
What's your policy regarding promoting own companies, sites, bands, products etc?

It's totally fine to post a link to your home page or blog and company, but in some cases, eg. if a person starts several threads to promote his own project or keeps mentioning the same project/company in a number of other threads, we remove these posts. You'll find more in our FAQ (#9). (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/faq.php) In a very few cases we've also put people who can't stop promoting themselves on Delayed Posts (temporarily) - but people who register only to sell cheap Marlboro cigarettes or Nokia phones are banned immediately.

Manzana
Mar 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
how do i attach a picture?

Kiran
Mar 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Manzana,

Please refer to this thread....
http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4273

Cheers.

Korn
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hi,
Some members contact us and ask what happened with their posts - especially new members who have posted something before their account is activated. We just added a some info about this in our FAQ (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/faq.php), and here's what we wrote:

Have you posted a message, but can't find it? This may be due to one of the following reasons...

Your post may have been moved to a different subforum (example: all posts from non-vegans are moved to the Not A Vegan-section).

Before an account is fully approved, you need to confirm that you used a real email address when you registered. ('Spammers' often register using fake email addresses...)

Your account also needs to be manually approved by a moderator, which may take up to 12-48 hours.

Messages from not-yet-approved accounts are moderated, so if you post something before your account is activated, there will be a delay before your message(s) become visible.

Members who are not vegans yet, will get a 'Not A Vegan Yet'-account. This is also a 'moderated' account type.

Almost all other accounts are non-moderated. If you have any questions, click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the main page, and send us your question.

Mahk
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:08 AM
When I get the message "You are not a member of the sub-group (zone) that this post was moved to. You have to join it first to ......", how do I figure out which zone it went to? I doubt I have to sign up for ever zone to figure this out but I don't see how to otherwise. For example, there's a post today about "ants in the house" but I can't read it because I'm not a member of the correct zone. Thanks in advance.

Korn
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to give a very good answer to that question - because sometimes, a thread may fit well into several subforums.

There is no software function I can activate which enables a message saying where the thread is now located (Animals, fish & animal products) - but it could be a useful feature in a future version.

Cattmogg
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hello!! When you post now why doesnt what you've posted go to the top of the new posts list? :confused:

cedarblue
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
i think it only disappears to you untill someone else posts after you - it appears at the top of the list to everyone else though! :)

Korn
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Hello!! When you post now why doesnt what you've posted go to the top of the new posts list? :confused:

The software assumes that the post you just wrote isn't new to you. Confusing, I know... (the forum behavior used to be different a couple of years ago) - but: try QuickLinks>Today's Posts, and you'll see it...
:)

Cattmogg
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Also, how do you start a thread now...

Cattmogg
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Also, how do you post a pic now?

Also.... :D

Korn
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Also, how do you start a thread now...

Enter a forum.
Click on 'New Thread'....

Korn
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Also, how do you post a pic now?

Upload the pic to flickr.com or some similar kind of site.
When writing a message, click on this icon: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif
Copy+paste the location of your stored image into the dialog box that pops up.
Click OK...

Korn
Apr 26th, 2007, 04:57 PM
What does FAQ#17 say again?

It says "Please try to avoid taking threads too far off topic or using public threads for private messages, and please search for existing threads before you start new ones."

;)

Gorilla
May 4th, 2007, 04:49 PM
how do i change the title of a thread i started?

i tried to change the title of the Animal Aid sponsored walk thread by changing the title of the first post, but it didn't change the thread title. i'm sure i managed to change the title of the Brighton beach meet-up thread by doing that, but it didn't work this time.

Korn
May 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Gorilla,
currently you need to send a PM to a moderator to change a thread title...

RedWellies
Jun 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Why can't I delete my posts now?

Korn
Jun 19th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Some threads didn't make sense because members deleted their posts, so we disabled that function (and people complained to the moderators for having deleted them!)

You can delete the text in the post, and replace it with eg. 'Text deleted'....