PDA

View Full Version : Mini-questions and mini-answers about this forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Gorilla
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'd noticed that too Gorilla, do you think the 'contacts' under networking is the same as the old 'buddies':confused:

hmm, i hadn't even noticed that feature - will go and check it out...

Gorilla
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
ah, it does seem to be the same as the buddy list, and you can add new contacts by going to the contacts list. thanks, PI :)

umbilical
Aug 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
can someone change my username plz?

i will wear "alleen" underneath or in my signature for some months.. so that i remain recognizable :)

ps: my desired new name is "umbilical"

bryzee86
Aug 3rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
can Someone Change My Username Plz?

I Will Wear "alleen" Underneath Or In My Signature For Some Months.. So That I Remain Recognizable :)

Ps: My Desired New Name Is "umbilical"

Argh!

umbilical
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Argh!

what? the Forum FAQ says.. it is allowed to change the username..

or no? :confused:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/faq.php

and since i browsed through all my control panel several times, and can't spot any function to do it myself, i figured only mods/admins are empowered to change names

Korn
Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:32 AM
No problem - changing your user name takes only a few seconds - just send me a PM. :)

umbilical
Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
thanks a lot Korn http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/japan/20271.gif

now i can finally continue with spreading confusing posts all over your forum :D
;)

BlackCats
Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
No problem - changing your user name takes only a few seconds - just send me a PM. :)

Oooh, I didn't know you could change your user name.:) I really, really hate mine, I just chose it thinking that I would ask a few questions and never return to the forum, I bet some people on here wish I had done that.:o:p

cobweb
Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Oooh, I didn't know you could change your user name.:) I really, really hate mine, I just chose it thinking that I would ask a few questions and never return to the forum, I bet some people on here wish I had done that.:o:p

i don't! :)
(wish that)

bryzee86
Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
what? the Forum FAQ says.. it is allowed to change the username..

Yeah you can (and have), but I was "argh"-ing at the choice - Umbilical!

harpy
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Aphrodite's a good name, Aphrodite. (We mythological characters should stick together ;) )

BlackCats
Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
i don't! :)
(wish that)

(:heart::smile:)

Harpy - I like the name Aphrodite but it is quite meaningless to me. I wanted to change my forum name to Poppy as it is the name of my evil tabby cat.:D (I always wondered which version of a Harpy you were named after, some of them seem more sinister than others.:cool:)

Maisiepaisie
Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Poppy's sweet. This is my Poppy :p

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/maisiepaisie/My%20piggies/DSCF3661.jpg

umbilical
Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
is zie really called poppy? :)

ellaminnowpea
Aug 27th, 2008, 10:25 PM
It seems like my post count number keeps going up and down; not that it's important but... wondering why that could be. Is it just me that noticed that?

umbilical
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM
maybe some of your older posts have been deleted, or threads you posted in have been moved to sections where they don't count?

Korn
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
That's correct - we delete outdated threads....

Here's another question I got today:

Hello,

I'm having problems signing to my account. It's not letting me activate my account. The code I was given wasn't working when I inputing it into the activation page. Please let me if you are able to assist me with this issue.

Thank you.

When we get mails like this, sent from an email that hasn't been used for registering an account here, and with no information about account name etc., we can't unfortunately do anything....

Korn
Mar 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi

I have just joined and seem to have problems with sending a post. It says i am not authorised.

I look forward to your reply.

The above is an email I just got...

I can't always respond to these posts individually, but here's a message to those of you who register and say that you're not a vegan (yet): This is a message board for vegans. Non-vegans who want to go vegan can register - this will allow them to subscribe to threads they are interested in... but non-vegans do not have posting abilities. Hope this helps. :-)

Marrers
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Recently I've noticed I'm not always getting an email notification to tell me I have a new private message.

Has anyone else found this recently?

1gentlemaorispirit
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Recently I've noticed I'm not always getting an email notification to tell me I have a new private message.

Has anyone else found this recently?

I've had the same PM notification twice in two days. This has happened a few times. I've put it down to a computer glitch . . .

scarlett
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I seem to get notifications around 2 days later lately.

Gorilla
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
i don't use email notifications for PMs but i was sent a PM last week that took almost 24 hours from the time it was sent to the time it arrived in my inbox.

Spud Addict
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Weird :confused:

How do you see the top 10 posters and all that? I accessed it once before but now can't remember how I did it! (You got me curious now, Marrers :p)

Marrers
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd like to know that too Spud. (It was on the Quick Links list for a while which is when I became paranoid about it. :rolleyes:)

Zero
Mar 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM
i don't use email notifications for PMs but i was sent a PM last week that took almost 24 hours from the time it was sent to the time it arrived in my inbox.

Perhaps it took a wrong turn and was:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n34/n172705.jpg

.... but finally found its way :D