View Full Version : East Midlands Vegan Fest 06 - see the UK meet-ups forum

Kiran
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:52 PM
East Midlands Vegan Festival - Nottingham

Saturday 9th December 2006
11:00
to
17:00

The next East Midland's Vegan Festival is at YMCA on Shakespeare Street, Nottingham (Near the city centre, opposite the clock tower entrance to the Victoria Shopping Centre).

PLEASE NOTE : The venue has been changed to YMCA.

The 'East Mids Nottingham vegan festival - whos going?' meet up thread is now http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12514

alisont
Sep 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
If anyones driving up Travelodge at East Mids airport have rooms at £26 that night about 12 miles out of town.

Il be using the train.......

Kiran
Sep 27th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Volunteers Needed (You could even pledge an hour)

Contact the organisers on veganfestival@veggies.org.uk (veganfestival@veggies.org.uk)
if you wish help co-ordinate people offering the following support:

distribute fliers and/or posters at work, school, college or around your neighbourhood.
promote the event to any social group, email list etc that you are part of
put a link to this page on your website
help with contact with the media
assist with the administration of stall applications etc
Co-ordinate the production of a program, selling advertising, getting copy, pictures , stalls list
help arrange speakers, film presentations etc
prepare food to share, with recipe advice
bring at least one non-veggie friend, colleague or family member and give them a guided tour of the festival.You could

help set up the venue in advance
help arriving stall holders to find their pitch and set up
distribute fliers in the square
welcome people and give directions in the venue
sell raffle tickets & collect mailing list details
co-ordinate free food / tea&coffee area
workshop co-ordination - welcomes, seats, clearing environment

adrian
Oct 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM
If you're staying in Nottingham around the time of the festival, check out this site for other places to eat:

http://www.vegan-nottingham.co.uk/

If you come to Nottingham and don't eat at Squeek, your trip will have been wasted!

See you all there.

adrian
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
It is possible that the local AR group will try to take on the job of running the festival :). I'll post back here if so. If you are interested in helping to make it happen by organising or volunteering on the day, please send me a message.

adrian
Nov 15th, 2006, 12:22 AM
From the Sumac Centre News:

The East Midlands Vegan Festival, to be held on Saturday December 9th is in
doubt. The Council House venue is no longer available, but it hoped to
rearrange the event in a different format in a different venue. This will take
a lot of planning and preparation, in advance in a short amount of time, and on the day. Will You Help?

Emergency Planning Meeting this Thursday 16th, from 7.30 at the Sumac Centre

adrian
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Right, I can confirm that the East Midlands Vegan Festival is definitely on!

It has moved to a new venue: the YMCA on Shakespeare Street, Nottingham (Near the city centre, opposite the clock tower entrance to the Victoria Shopping Centre). It will run from 11am to 5pm on Saturday 9th December.

We need volunteers to help out on the day. If you want to help, or you want to run a stall, or you want any more information, please send an email to:
no-spam@veganfestival@veggies.org.uk (no-spam@veganfestival@veggies.org.uk?subject=Remove%2 0no-spam@%20from%20the%20address) (Remove the no-spam@ bit from the address)

There will be a social event afterwards in the Sumac Centre in Forest Fields.

More information to follow.

Please spread the word!

whalespace
Nov 19th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I am planning to get to this Adrian. I will get in touch about if I can help when my kit is in order.:D

flutterby
Nov 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM
This thread is just a festival info thread now, the thread about meeting up can be found http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12514