PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth's Scrumptious White Choc Chip and Macadamia Biscuits

Free_Tibet
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:03 AM
From Cruelty Free Shop crueltyfreeshop.com.au
Yummy Vegan Recipe
Elizabeth’s Scrumptious White Choc Chip and Macadamia Biscuits

¾ cup raw sugar
½ cup vegan margarine
½ cup olive oil
3 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup dairy-free white choc chips (in the Food; Sweet section of our store)
¾ cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped

- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Beat the sugar into the margarine. Stir in the oil, water and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Add the liquid mixture and mix well
- Mix in the choc chips and macadamia nuts
- Scoop tablespoon amounts onto a tray lined with baking paper and press into rough circles
- Cook for around 10 minutes

Quote of the Month
"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." Anna Sewell (English Novelist)

my3labs
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Those sound so good. I don't know that I've ever seen vegan white choc chips but I'll take a look.
Yummy!

lvhockhart
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:37 AM
This recipe sounds good, even though I'm not really a white chocolate gal. BTW, I think your screen name is awesome!!

my3labs
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I've been looking for days and can't find any vegan white choc chips.
:-(

insubordination
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:32 AM
I'm sure you could just use dark ones. Otherwise, buy 'em online. I'm sure they're somewhere in the US.

Has anyone tried making these? I've never made biscuits with olive oil before.

Mr Flibble
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I've not, though i once made a truely terrible sponge cake using olive instead of sunflower oil.

claireyveg
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I'm sure you could just use dark ones. Otherwise, buy 'em online. I'm sure they're somewhere in the US.

Has anyone tried making these? I've never made biscuits with olive oil before.

Personally i don't like using oil aswell as margarine in my cooking so i would sub it for something like apple sauce? Olive oil has a very distinct flavour, so not sure how it'd taste in somthing sweet and baked...:confused:

Imapeach
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:00 AM
:eek: White choc and macadamia biscuits!!

Excuse me while I pick my tongue up off the floor.

I didn't realise the CFshop sold vegan white choc! *dies from glee*

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Aussies should find it relatively easy to find Macadamia Oil. I know it's a lot less expesive there than it is here. I bet Macadamia Oil will be sooooo tasty in this recipe! I use my Macadamia Oil (my parents sent me a 2L bottle) when I bake things such as cakes or brownies, and it gives them a hint of Macadamia flavour. Mmmmmm!!!