PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the metro detroit area?

justdriftwood
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Hello, i'm looking for people in my area as most people i kknow who where vegans stopped being vegan years ago and i've gone through the dating pool of known eligible vegans as well... so it would be nice to know and have some fellow vegans in my life again.

mophoto
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:36 AM
interesting intro!! you should expand.:)

i am from the metro detroit area, good luck finding a vegan to date around here:p

welcome to the vf!
mo

mophoto
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM
i take that back, you have been here just as long as me:D maybe a re-welcome is in order- hooray for michigan vegans:)

tsunami
Sep 9th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm the metro detroit area. Don't really date yet, but wouldnt mind meeting more vegans around here.

chickendude
Sep 11th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Haha, I don't know that it was a date request, more a request for vegan friends?

tsunami
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Wasnt really sure myself, but just mentioning to be sure. Any of you go to the metups in this area?

And why is my sig so big...can't even remove all the blank space. @_@

Kat
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm also living in the Metro Detroit area.

I would love to meet up with some of you sometime. I've only been Vegan a couple of months, but it would good support too I guess.:)

justdriftwood
Oct 9th, 2006, 06:16 PM
just remembered that i posted this and never checked up on it... yah so it wasn't exactly a date request even though i shamefully put that out there too haha but yah it was more a "whatup" to fellow vegan hanging tough out there is the unfriendly metro detroit area

justdriftwood
Oct 18th, 2006, 05:33 PM
but kat... or anyone else... yah email me at ofmossandmoose@yahoo.com for hang outs and moral support!

Danigirl7
Nov 15th, 2006, 03:49 AM
I live in the area for the summer, but I'm up in Big Rapids at Ferris University right now. It would be nice to meet another vegan, I've never met someone else who was besides me before, kind of depressing since I've been vegan for over a year.

way2blonde010
Jul 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Hello!! I live in white lake and have been trying to find vegans in the area, have not been successful as of now!

DJChicky
Feb 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
What's up fellow vegans in the D! I'm glad to have found you exist. I know lots of veggies, but I'm the only vegan I know, though I've been working on my husband and he's nearly full vegan. :)

xrodolfox
Feb 9th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I can't beleive I missed this thread.

I live in Ann Arbor, but occasionally work in Detroit (and am there for lunch). I'm vegan, and so is my wife and as well as my two young kids. We used to be a part of very dense vegan network, but now we tend to just hang with a few professionals that we are friends with that are vegan.

I am also setting up the VEGAN FITNESS NORTH AMERICAN GATHERING in Ann Arbor over the weekend of August 13th - 16th, if any of you are interested.

Regardless, if there's anyone up for a meal, we'd love to 1) have you over or 2) meet at a restaurant. The vegan places in Ann Arbor are excellent, and we know of many good places in Metro Detroit.

DJChicky
Feb 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
xrodolfox, please explain the VEGAN FITNESS NORTH AMERICAN GATHERING.
Also, my husband and I eat at Seva on a semi-regular basis. My favorite is their grilled tofurky sandwich with sweet potato fries.

xrodolfox
Feb 10th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I tried to post a new thread about the VEGAN FITNESS NORTH AMERICAN GATHERING, but it didn't work. Perhaps tomorrow.

Here's a link: http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16331&highlight=

crazy_vegan
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Glad to see at least SOME vegans close by! I live in Brownstown and I haven't come across any other vegans yet. Have a good day everyone! :)

xrodolfox
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Still here!

shellymi2nv
Apr 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Have you joined the Detroit Vegan Meetup group yet? http://vegan.meetup.com/99/
:thumbsup:
I'm in Vegas now but grew up in Oak Park/Farmington so I still consider that home, even though I've been in Vegas for 15 years now. I TRY to get back home once a summer to dip my toes into Lake Michigan by Traverse City and to stuff my face full at Inn Season in Royal Oak. :)

brianjstafford
May 17th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Hey fellow Michigan people,

I'm in Livonia at the moment. We should make a play date and hang out and eat and jawbone.

xrodolfox
May 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Come visit us in Ann Arbor! We've got the best vegan restaurant selection in the area.