PDA

View Full Version : blackberrys

kelly
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
does anyone have any good blackberry recipes?as i have loads but dont know what2do with them!!:)

twinkle
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
You can make an AWESOME blackberry wine - there are a lot of recipes on the web. I recommend Jack Keller's site (http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/blackbr2.asp) I believe I tried the third recipe down, though I probably didn't follow it to the letter (I rarely do). Seriously, blackberries make a rich wine of a similar quality to grape red wine, but with added "blackberry-ness" :D

Alternatively, they're great frozen then added to smoothies.

Gorilla
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
i love blackberries. send them to me :D

you could always make blackberry and apple pie.

twinkle
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Or jam! Blackberry or blackberry and apple jam or jelly - both good.

Ooh, jam flashback! :slobber:

RedWellies
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:52 PM
I bought some organic blackberry wine, it was lovely!

I like blackberries raw...with some vanilla Swedish Glace ice cream!

Stu
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:32 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about portable e-mail devices...

Roxy
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Or jam! Blackberry or blackberry and apple jam or jelly - both good.

Ooh, jam flashback! :slobber:

I agree! Blackberry jam is delicious! :D

fiamma
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about portable e-mail devices...
Hehe :) Me too...

Justin
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
me three :)

Gorilla
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
gah. i hate those electronic blackberry thingies. :rolleyes: ;)

cookey
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Blackberry and apple crumble - I've been making loads recently. We have loads of blackberries near us. I'm trying to leave some in the freezer to make something for our next Bristol meet up.
Chuck balckberies and apples in dish with sugar (or substitute sweetener). Rub marg into flour, add ground nuts and sugar. Chuck on top of fruit. Put in oven until cooked. Yum.

absentmindedfan
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Luckily enough I was listening to Woman's Hour on Radio4 on Tuesday and they had a report on Blackberries (I know, I'm a Radio4 geek)

If you have a glut and don't feel like making 4000 pies, crumbles, jams, jellies, curries, sandwhiches....etc, if you lay them on a baking sheet in the freezer once they're totally frozen pop them into sandwich bags and you can have blackberries all year round :)

Tigerlily
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
If you have a glut and don't feel like making 4000 pies, crumbles, jams, jellies, curries, sandwhiches....etc, if you lay them on a baking sheet in the freezer once they're totally frozen pop them into sandwich bags and you can have blackberries all year round :)

I was going to suggest this.

ularu
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:04 PM
My mum makes blueberry jam and very tasty it is too