PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bros?

Jamie
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
OK I keep hearing about Brake Bros, they are everywhere in the Animal Free Shopper and now on a different webpage it says about getting individual soya milk portions from them... but their website is for wholesale to trade, so how am I supposed to buy from them???

Has anyone got any answers? :confused:

lavender
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
No lol - when I was a kid , there was a brake bros. little wholesale place near where I lived in London, they had freezer loads of stuff so as well as supplying to trade (they had big trucks with their logo on) they were open to ordinary mortals too, I always was under the impression they became Iceland and got huge - but I bet Im wrong- Ive seen their stuff listed in the Animal Free Shopper - Ive just mailed them to ask if I can order direct from their site, or which stores carry their goods - I'll let you know if they reply :)

lavender
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
gaaaaaaaaaaaah ! this is the reply...

We only supply our goods to caterers, due to the volume of goods that would have to be ordered to meet the minimum of £60. We do not supply to shops to resell, only restaurants, pubs and cafe's etc.
I am sorry I cannot assist you further.
Regards,
Brakes Customer Services
customer.services@brake.co.uk
www.brake.co.uk
www.brake.fr
0845 606 9090

Although I could order 60 quids worth of food peasy!

Maisiepaisie
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Although I could order 60 quids worth of food peasy!Me to. I'm sure you could just say you have a cafe. I've bought wholesale before by saying I have a market stall and they never asked for proof.

Jamie
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hmmm well I'm too scared to :o but if anyone else does, sucessfully, please let me know! It's a shame they won't even let people resell. Maybe we could persuade a local vegan or veggie caterer to order for us and secretly sell it on to us. I mean officially it could just be them catering for us, just instead of making the food they could deliver it to us??