PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read Linda Majzlik's "A Vegan Taste of..." cookbooks?

Pages : 1 [2]

pavotrouge
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:01 PM
how much does it rely on replacements?

I love Thai food but am rather spoiled when it comes to Thai cooking due to a Thai-ex-girlfriend.

Gorilla
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:48 PM
i take it you mean meat/dairy replacements? from a quick skim of the recipe titles, it would seem they don't use any replacements at all, except for a few that call for soya milk. the recipes are primarily vegetables, tofu and rice or noodles.

pavotrouge
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM
thanks a lot, then I think I'll buy it!

Jippia
Dec 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I also came across them on a website. I am very interested in cookbooks that have vegan recipes only. I own a lot of cookbooks and I can veganize many recipes, but it would be nice to have some vegan books as well.

Interesting to read your experiences.

Mirjam

Jippia
Mar 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Meanwhile I have quite a number of her books and I find it hard to choose a recipe to make because they all look very delicious. So far, I have tried some Greek, Middle Eastern and baking recipes. The baking recipes I made could have been a little sweeter and a little more spiced, but that is entirely a matter of taste, I suppose. I think it is great that she makes these cuisines available for vegans. :) My recent purchases are A vegan taste of Thailand and A vegan taste of East Africa and I may use one of them for the dinner group at our church in two weeks when we have to do the cooking.

Nicolette
Dec 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Jamie,
Ive been wanting to find out what kind of dishes are in that book.....vegan taste of india and only just came across your post. Would you mind just detailing the title of each recipe (if there are not too many:umm_ani:!) .I want to get an indian, spicey cookery book with predominantly vegetable dishes without much fat or breads and grains. Is this a good one to go for? And have you any others in mind?
Thanks for taking the time to read,
Nicolette

Firestorm
Jul 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I have the Taste of France book, I have made the Mushroom, walnut & lentil pate, Red onion, tomato & tarragon tart, Vichyssoise and the Chocolate & hazelnut ramekin. They were all really good