PDA

View Full Version : Simple Treats

Rowan
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Anyone have Simple Treats? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1570671370/qid=1136759355/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-6930607-7126219?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

xwitchymagicx
Sep 9th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I ordered this today, will get my copy soon. :)

Gorilla
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:13 PM
has anyone tried any of the recipes from this book? i bought it a while ago but haven't made anything from it yet. i'm planning to make the cinnamon and apple cake for my parents as a Christmas present and don't have the time or money to make a practise one, so i'm hoping it turns out ok! if anyone has any tips about the recipes in this book i'd be grateful.

Gorilla
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM
i made the cake for my folks, it turned out really light and fluffy - a bit too light in fact because it broke in half when i picked it up! :o i put in loads more cinnamon than it said in the recipe and i'm glad i did because it would've been a bit bland otherwise.

xwitchymagicx
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I've had this cookbook for a while now...

I've baked the:

Almond Jam Dots
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Chocolate - Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Mixed Fruit Muffin using the bluberry muffin recipe
Vanilla Sponge
Oatmeal and Raisin CookiesThe vanilla cake always has an odd taste. I can't work it out if it is the recipe or me!! I've made three different things with it, and it always has this strange taste!! Maybe it is the nutmeg...ugh. lol Confused.

I think I'm going to find another recipe for vanilla sponge, I don't think I like it much from that recipe book!

I'm not the best cake baker...I'm better at baking cookies. :o

I really need to start doing more cake baking, but I don't have enough money to keep making horrible things as testers!

Artichoke47
May 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I've made a few things that were pretty good, but I wouldn't say they were over-the-top great or anything.