PDA

View Full Version : Hi

the_lone_prospector
Sep 24th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Hello everybody
My name is Ben. This is the first vegan forum I've joined. Actually I'm not a vegan yet - I only became a vegetarian two months ago - but I should be in another couple of weeks. Just need to make sure I have everything planned, incase I lose my mind a few years down the line from not getting enough vitamin B12 or something lol.
I don't have any vegetarian or vegan friends, I suppose I'm not alone in that respect. Luckily I haven't been given a hard time by friends/family over my new lifestyle choice. I'm 19 and live with my dad and he is practically a vegetarian now that we can't eat meat or fish together. I don't know if I could ever convert him to veganism though. Older people take a lot of convincing it seems.

Ben.

Artichoke47
Sep 24th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Welcome to Vegan Forum, Ben! It's good to have you. :)

gertvegan
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Ow bist the_lone_prospector. You jammy git, yer tiz vegan forum, there is many mazen peepaw err. Scowin Bristle Vegan Fayre next munf ? ( Bristol talk ) gert

wuggy
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:07 PM
How come there's so many vegans from the Bristol area - its not fair! *sob*.

wuggy
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
P.s - Hi, Ben!!

boomer
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM
How come there's so many vegans from the Bristol area - its not fair! *sob*.

Second that, wish there were more in my area....... Big sob***

boomer
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Sorry.. Hi Ben, good luck with the change, you will feel much better for it.

Roxy
Sep 25th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Hi Ben and Welcome :)

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 25th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Greetings! :)

eve
Sep 25th, 2004, 06:07 AM
So "older people take a lot of convincing"? How about you - obviously you're not convinced yet! You can start with your very next meal! :)

Kevster
Sep 25th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I used to think older people took more convincing, but then went along to a few animal rights meetings and found that almost everyone was over forty. So it is possible, i guess it depends how moved and motivated you are, and on your outlook on life,

Welcome to the board!

Kev

the_lone_prospector
Sep 25th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :)

cedarblue
Sep 25th, 2004, 03:15 PM
hi there enjoy yourself here :)

spudstud
Sep 25th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Hello, and welcome.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Two years ago when I started my veggie voyage my dad was sooooo not into it. No, he is a strict vegetarian (or dietary vegan)!
I was going to set a date to go Vegan too, and they convinced me to just do it and the next day I did, and it was the best decision I have ever made. Good luck to you, they will help you here, and be your friend.
- Matt

Geoff
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Not to be outdone by my fellow Queenslander, I'd like to welcome you Ben. My daughter is doing her PhD on body image through the ageing process and finds that older people can be quite reflective and open to change so there's hope for your dad.
BTW - there aren't more vegans in Bristol than anywhere else. They just make more noise ;-)

gertvegan
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
tlp, what you want is a Vegan Buddie, check out THIS (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558) thread. I spoke to them last week and they confirmed that they have many mentors waiting to help. :)

Gorilla
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
hi there, welcome from me too, hope you like it here :)

i went to an Animal Aid fayre the other week in Worthing, a town with a reputation for being full of older people, and most of the people at this fayre were 40, 50, 60 and beyond! i was pleasantly surprised ;)

Veggie4Life139
Sep 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Ben! I'm proud of you for being a teen guy veggie/vegan!! I don't know any guys that are veggies or vegans. Let alone teen guys. Good luck in your future veganism!!! :D :p ;)