PDA

View Full Version : Physical Exam

Pete Teoh
Sep 19th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm scheduled for my physical on Thursday. It'll be my first physical since becoming vegan 2 months ago... and my first physical since November 2004. It should be interesting to see if any significant changes have occurred. I think I should be OK for B<sub>12</sup> since both my cereal and soy milk contain it.

What other test should I ask my doctor to order/perform that wouldn't normally be done for an omni?

Wildflower
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
I don't know of any other tests except maybe iron and cholesterol? Iron are probably not usually done, while cholesterol usually is for omnis.

Anyway, I see you have already had your tests, so was all great, I hope!

Tigerlily
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:38 AM
B12 levels?

Pete Teoh
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
The physical went well. Cholesterol level is down about 30 points from my last physical when I was omni. :)

rantipole
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Very good news! Congrats.

My dr. always says my test results could be used in a textbook as examples of average, normal values for a healthy adult. The exception is my level of eosinophils, an immune system cell that mediates allergic response. My eosinophil level is high, but I'm allergic to lots of things, so that makes sense. It's not related to my veganism.

I credit going vegan with the maintanence of my health, especially in the face of the massive job stress I was under the past year and a half.

Cheers,
rant