PDA

View Full Version : Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows 2005

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

catmogg
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Anyone going to Sheffield ViVa road show?

Hi.. I am going to be manning a stall on cruelty-free products at the sheffield Viva road show on 23rd July.. Anyone coming for this event? I am sure it is going to be massive. :D

Yep, me, it'll be a first for me. I'll be there in the afternoon.

Kiran
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Yep, me, it'll be a first for me. I'll be there in the afternoon.

Hi Catmog...

Did you say you are just visiting the event or are you manning any stall? Anyways looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers!

catmogg
Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
The sheffield road show was great. The venue was a little on the tiny side cos the turn out was great. I met up with Kiran (nice to see you Kiran!!) who introduced me to some of his Leeds vegan friends, which was lovely. We took some photo's and he's threatened to post them the forum....I did tell him not to post the totally unflattering ones of me scoffing my face but then he may not have much choice as that was all i seemed to do all afternoon. Ahhhhhhh chocolate,yum yum yum, viva chocolate creams to be precise, little bites of heaven!! Kiran was much more reserved than me, he only had TWO chocolates!!! I think he is a little weird!!;)

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
The sheffield road show was great. The venue was a little on the tiny side cos the turn out was great. I met up with Kiran (nice to see you Kiran!!) who introduced me to some of his Leeds vegan friends, which was lovely. We took some photo's and he's threatened to post them the forum....I did tell him not to post the totally unflattering ones of me scoffing my face but then he may not have much choice as that was all i seemed to do all afternoon. Ahhhhhhh chocolate,yum yum yum, viva chocolate creams to be precise, little bites of heaven!! Kiran was much more reserved than me, he only had TWO chocolates!!! I think he is a little weird!!;)

Nice to see you too Catmogg. It was great!! It was unfortunate you could not join us later at a vegan restaurant. And regarding the chocolates... I still stand by my yesterday's statement - chocolates are supposed to be eaten in very small quantities. Yesterday I saw chocolates going into you as fast as raindrops. And you seem to forget the world around you when you ate those chocolates. And too much calories is not good. :p (for me - I am trying to keep my body in good shape, and it is a hard thing to do ). I like chocolates just for taste, but not for lunch!!! :o I think TWO chocolates is quite a sum. I am positive that most of the forum will back me up in this. So I guess there are many wierd people around here. ;)

Regarding the photos, I am compiling them to see which ones I can post. I am doing some photoshop work to attach your mug-shots to zombie torsos. :D I am sure they will be ready by this evening.

Many of those photos have come out well. I must say, your face is truly photogenic, adorable and radiant.

Cheers

catmogg
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, sorry i couldn't make it to the blue moon but i had to meet that friend.

Now Kiran, if my face appears on this forum with an alien body attached you are toast. My dod will track you down and lick you to death. You have been warned.

Oh and you ARE weird, choclates are meant for eating, not for saving!!! Although i think its posssible even i may have over done it just a little...

But come on people back me up here!!

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hey!!!! There are quite many people like you... You might find many "chocoholic" friends here....

http://chocolateaddicts.tribe.net/?r=10535

Hope that helps! An Idea - maybe you should form a thread for "vegan chocolate addicts". :D

FR
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Chocolate lover here, too.

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Chocolate lover here, too.

There is a lot of difference between loving chocolates, and being a chocolate fanatic. I too like chocolates, but I cannot eat a whole box in one shot!! In fact I bought a box of vegan chocolates yesterday at sheffield viva road show.

catmogg
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:02 PM
There is a lot of difference between loving chocolates, and being a chocolate fanatic. I too like chocolates, but I cannot eat a whole box in one shot!! In fact I bought a box of vegan chocolates yesterday at sheffield viva road show.

Yeah but you ate one and then ghave them to me, that is not the action of a true chocoholic!!!!!!!!!1

FR
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I'd like to eat a whole box, but can't. I would gain weight.

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah but you ate one and then ghave them to me, that is not the action of a true chocoholic!!!!!!!!!1

My intial idea was to eat only one. So the rest of them were a gift to my vegan chocoholic buddy. :D

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I'd like to eat a whole box, but can't. I would gain weight.

Yeah!! weight is one reason.. but another reason is that they are too sweet. It just makes my tastebuds miserable. Cath disagrees with me. And also, for some people, if you eat too many chocolates in one go, their intestines would hate them for the next coupe of days.

Kiran
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Hi All,

I have put up some pics of the veggie road show at sheffield. Me and Cath were ther till it finished. Unfortunately, we could not click too many photos, and the ones we clicked were predominatly the exploits of each other at the venue. It was a fun experience. Me and Cath enjoyed it a lot. Here is the link

http://www.kiran-voderhobli.info/sheffield/spics.htm

regards

kiran

Tofu Monster
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:23 AM
cool pics man. looks like it was a fun day!

catmogg
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Hey Kiran, the pictures are great (except that i'm in them, how could you inflict that on innocent forumers!!)

Disclaimer: Now, these pictures cast me in the role of demonic chocolate chomper and there's a few words i'd like to say on the matter....

Its
just
as
it
looks.
I thank you.

Cloudy, would have been good to see you there, did you go?

Kiran
Jul 25th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hey Kiran, the pictures are great (except that i'm in them, how could you inflict that on innocent forumers!!)

You look gorgeous darling!!! It is me I am worried about. I am sure I am gonna get brickbats for putting my pics on the forum. :eek:

Kiran
Jul 25th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Angie from viva just mailed me. She gave me the following link for more pics of the roadshow

http://www.viva.org.uk/roadshows/post_sheffield/

Nice pics there.

Mozbee
Jul 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah!! weight is one reason.. but another reason is that they are too sweet. It just makes my tastebuds miserable. Cath disagrees with me. And also, for some people, if you eat too many chocolates in one go, their intestines would hate them for the next coupe of days.

Ah but Kiran that's what's so wonderful about plain choc, it makes milk :eek: choc just taste of sugar & calf food, well to me anyway.
I love plain choc but maybe it's replacing something else! ;) :rolleyes:

Kiran
Jul 25th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Ah but Kiran that's what's so wonderful about plain choc:rolleyes:

Oh Yes.. I do like chocolates and the sweetness is inherent. There is no denying that chocolates are meant to be that way. But I have found it impossible to eat more than one or two in one shot. I don't tend to get an affinity to chocolates due to strong sweetness. I am not diabetic or anything.

Cloudy
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Cloudy, would have been good to see you there, did you go?

I did but just ran around for about 20 minutes in the morning, I was in a rush, but I did manage to buy some of that fudge!

I was impressed with the amount of publicity it got, and nice to see people outside handing out leaflets, seemed quite well organised, pity I couldn't stay longer and meet up with you.

Kiran
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I did but just ran around for about 20 minutes in the morning, I was in a rush, but I did manage to buy some of that fudge!

I was impressed with the amount of publicity it got, and nice to see people outside handing out leaflets, seemed quite well organised, pity I couldn't stay longer and meet up with you.

You could have dropped into my stall and said HI. Just one word "HI". Is that too much to ask for? Sorry if it takes 2 seconds of your time.... I din't even know you were there or else I would have nabbed you.

Cloudy
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
You could have dropped into my stall and said HI. Just one word "HI". Is that too much to ask for? Sorry if it takes 2 seconds of your time.... I din't even know you were there or else I would have nabbed you.

Hmm? Didn't know anyone here had a stall, which one was it? I was literally in and out, it was quite packed

Kiran
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I was on the cruelty free stall and I had announced this on the forum long time ago. Even Cathy told on the forum that she was gonna come and see me. We were expecting you but you absconded.

The cruelty free stall was on the left of the food samples queue window? Remember the window?

pixeequeen
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I popped into Sheffield, and I remember you from there Kiran, only after seeing the pics from it though, so I may not have said hi either, but I definitely remember giving you a gracious smile! he he. I was only there for a little bit too, but long enough to try some of the yummy free food, was it black-bean summat and tofu doo-dah. It was lovely, and I sat and ate it next to 2 little old ladies, one of whom was very impressed, and told me she was "pretty much vegetarian" and told the other lady off for eating chicken. That was really nice to see, Viva obviously touched those who normally wouldn't think about animal rights, and the chicken eater very much enjoyed her tofu! Triumph! Well done on a v good event.

Cloudy
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I was on the cruelty free stall and I had announced this on the forum long time ago. Even Cathy told on the forum that she was gonna come and see me. We were expecting you but you absconded.

I said I was going, I never arranged to meet anybody. I can't just come over, say hello and then leave can I?

I was in a rush, girlfriend had a hair appointment, it wouldn't have been worth my while, believe me ;)

From what I saw it looked like a success though!