PDA

View Full Version : morningstar sausage-style crumbles

iamrichard
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:14 AM
vegan friendly of course.
i just bought some morningstar sausage-style crumbles;its a part of their meal starters set of products.
and it is so delicious i can hardly even contain myself haha.
i just wanted to share that with everyone.
if there is already a thread about how delicious this product is, you can freeze this one or whatever haha :P

ingredients:
textured vegetable protein (wheat gluten, soy protein concentrate, water for hydration), water, corn oil, contains two percent or less of chicory root fiber (inulin), spices, salt, dextrose, maltodextrin, natural flavors from non-meat sources, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (soy protein, corn gluten, wheat gluten), autolyzed yeast extract, caramel color, sugar, paprika, garlic powder, modified corn starch, malic acid, vitamins and minerals (niacinamide, iron [ferrous sulfate], thiamin mononitrate [vitamin B1], pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], riboflavin [vitamin B2], vitamin B12), onion powder, hydrolyzed torula and brewer's yeast protein, soy lecithin, spice extractives.

busdedinde
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:32 AM
the chicken and steak strip meal starters - the bombest. haha

Wildflower
Nov 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I bought the chicken ones to go with steamed veggies and they were very good. Lots of protein and low in fat/calories too.

so, what did you do with them iamrichard? any recipe suggestions?

thecatspajamas1
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I love the morningstar veggie crumbles! I haven't gotten the sausage kind, but the regular kind. It is delicious on pasta with vegan butter, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Such a satisfying dish...

iamrichard
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:20 AM
ohh yeah i had the chicken ones with some fajitas :]

umm... actually i just fried them? haha i am a terrible cook :[ haha do you have any suggestions? i think itd be pretty bomb with spaghetti though :P

iamrichard
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM
ohh ill defintely have to try that :] andd i highly suggest the sausage ones.. they are so good haha :P

busdedinde
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Kri's "chicken" fried rice

Heres what you'll need:

-morningstar chicken meal-starters
-any type of vegetables you would like...
I typically use carrots, celery, mushrooms, and onions
-any type of rice (white rice seems to work the best, but if you are looking for a more healthy version brown rice will do just fine)
-vegan butter or olive oil

First chop up your veggies into fine pieces (the amount depends on how many vegetables you want in your final dish). Sautee the vegetables in the vegan butter/olive oil until soft and carmalized (Make sure this pan is fairly big). As you are doing this, star to prepare rice (Again, the amount of rice is a personal preference). Once rice is done, add to pan in which the veggies were sauteed. Turn heat on LOW and put off of to the side. On the side, start preparing the chicken meal-starters in a frying pan with some olive oil/butter. Once brown and crispy, chop into fine pieces and add to the mixture of rice and vegetables. Continue to brown until you reach the browness you prefer. ***Browning the mixture for too long will cause the rice to become crunchy, so keep tasting it until you are satisfied with the rice consistency***

If you have a food processer, you can use it to chop the veggies as well as the chicken to save time.

I find this is particularly good with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, but soy sauce will do just fine. Enjoy:)

iamrichard
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:54 AM
wow thank you very much! it sounds great :], i actually just bought some of the chicken ones so im going to try that really soon and ill let you know what i think! :]