PDA

View Full Version : Positive (side) effects of going vegan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26

RubyDuby
Apr 8th, 2010, 05:48 PM
yeah, maybe you could pack a thermos full of soy milk for her? Esp if the dairy is contributing to her sinus issues.

missbettie
Apr 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
or they have the little individual soymilks, they are perfect for kids or lunch boxes. I can't imagine the school minding, there are so many people with allergies. Besides she is your daughter and your responsibility you have the right to decide what she eats or drinks.

Rölli
Apr 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Now I don't just feel physically better and cleaner, but also mentally I feel more pure and sort of in symbiosis with the earth if you know what I mean :P Something I didn't feel when I was still driving a car and eating meat and stuff.

patientia
Apr 8th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Gourmandism :)

buttons
Apr 9th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm far more mindful about what I consume, in a way that goes beyond what I eat or issues relating to animal cruelty.

I've begun monitoring the ingredients in my food, skin care, household products, etc, trying to avoid products and substances that either result from exploitation or that may be detrimental to my or my family's* health in the long run. I really believe that the mindfulness required to live a vegan lifestyle brought about these other changes in my life.

*My long-term non-husband, our feline overlord and myself. I count it as family!

CarrieBerry
Apr 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, She doesnt get offered anything but milk right now because they don't go by the same lunch menu as the older kids, its a half day program. In Sept when she starts Kindergarten I do plan on packing her lunch every day! It will get expensive but I know it's the only way to make sure she's eating mostly Organic foods as well (I prefer organic, tastes better lol)

I'm not sure why, but I've lost 4 lbs in 4 days? I've been struggling with my weight since my pregnancy with my daugther, I gained 100lbs!! Lost 50 then got pregnant with my son and gained 50 back Im down 70 now but it stopped when our son passed away 2 years ago and Ive tried everything so this is a pleasant surprise, although in high school I went veggie and quite some time and dropped 40lbs lol

RubyDuby
Apr 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM
:( sorry to hear about your son.

buttons
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, CarrieBerry.

CarrieBerry
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Thank you!

And on another note, today is day 5 for me and WOW!!!!!!!!!! I feel even better! Ok so my bosses daughter tried getting me to eat a choc. chip cookie from subway, and i didnt even WANT it!! I didnt even have a craving for it so I kept telling her no thank you and she goes "ill put it down right here in front of you" like HELLO! WHY would you do that? it was completely rude to assume Im weak and would eat it! I feel so good that the thought of eating that cookie made me cringe!!
Im noticing that my attention to detail is already starting to come through vividly as well! I feel just wonderful and went grocery shopping last night and honestly i thought buying actual vegan foods would kill my wallet and guess what? IT DIDNT! my husband could NOT believe all the foods I got for a little less than what i normally would spend on half the amount even shopping at aldi's and I went to the grocery store and into the section with the organics and gluten free and dairy free and vegan foods and spent less.........it felt soo good! Lots of raw foods in my house now too lol

ok im rambling so ill stop, i just feel so good i started blogging about it too haha!

~ Carrie

CarrieBerry
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:11 PM
On the plus side, I felt emotional benefits - I was quite depressed, but feel happier now, and more at peace.

Thats how Im feeling too! Its GREAT! I work at a daycare and Im finding myself slowly already becoming calm around the 2 year olds

karen_87
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM
After one month vegan now I definately feel different in many positive ways; clearer skin with more colour in my face instead of how pale I used to look, clearer mind and better concentration, calmer in general, and happier. Its amazing what a guilt free lifestyle can do for you physically and mentally.

Stuart
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM
A 30" waist at 30, so I found out the other week :)

CarrieBerry
Apr 11th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed this as well? fter I eat ANYTHING now, my stomach doesnt bloat from here to kingdom come! I never feel heavy and weighed down and I love it! Im also finding as others have stated that even the thought of consuming an animal product or byproduct sends guilt right through me and im also trying a LOT of different things I never wouldve tried before :) Loving it still

MoonDance
Apr 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
^ Yes, I've found that as well, though if I eat anything with wheat, I do get quite bloated, so I avoid it.

I've been vegan for nearly five months, and I've noticed a huge increase in energy, as well as general health etc. I also feel a lot calmer, and more in tune with nature and my spiritual self. I have always loved nature, however when I go outside now, everything -- no mater how cloudy or miserable -- just seems so much more beautiful. The horses and cows near my house come over more often to say hello, and are comfortable in my presence. To me, that is priceless.

colleengirl95
Apr 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
I think veganism resulted to my being flexible and energetic. After my first month being vegan even though i wake up during 5 AM for school i feel that i'm in a good mood and i feel fresh. I usually say "Good morning star shine the Earth says, Hello". I feel good and i don't find it hard moving around like before, ifeel that i can do a lot of things. :)

karen_87
Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
Enjoying the confusion on peoples faces when you say you're vegan, its always priceless

cobweb
Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'm sure i've said this before, but to me it's that feeling of working towards a better future that feels so good, and knowing that i'm part of a progressive movement.

Catfriend
Apr 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sure i've said this before, but to me it's that feeling of working towards a better future that feels so good, and knowing that i'm part of a progressive movement.

I agree with this. I also feel more confident in myself, holding true to what many see as a "fringe movement" because it is the right thing to do.

I also rather like having a reputation as a subversive radical. (At least in the eyes of my more staid friends and family members!)

sandra
Apr 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I can still remember the feeling of absolute freedom I felt when I became vegan.

Eat Y'self Fitter
May 2nd, 2010, 01:48 AM
My endurance while cycling.

airs76
May 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Now I don't need deodorant... seriously I don't!

rxseeeyse
May 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
trying new foods is always exciting for me. love DIY so yea love cooking too.

MCMLXXXVI
May 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
-

Gwydion
May 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM
All the usual things, as pointed out in above posts.

Although am yet to try going without deodorant! *pictures work colleagues: :hmm:* :D

Perhaps a little slushy 'n mushy, but indirectly - some of the amazing people I have met as a result of this forum. :heart:

nitram
May 23rd, 2010, 06:58 AM
Has anyone else noticed this as well? fter I eat ANYTHING now, my stomach doesnt bloat from here to kingdom come! I never feel heavy and weighed down and I love it! Im also finding as others have stated that even the thought of consuming an animal product or byproduct sends guilt right through me and im also trying a LOT of different things I never wouldve tried before :) Loving it still

me too, meat fizzled out for me when i started yoga as i couldnt stand feeling full during my morning practice from gluttony the night before, veganism soon followed as a natural progression. I generally eat less now and have dropped 3 stone of useless muscle from years of weight training yet feel stronger than ever.

All in all, I feel fantastic!!!!