PDA

View Full Version : Positive (side) effects of going vegan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26

Dawny
May 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
The best effect is losing 28Lb's & my 24 year old nephew asking how I've done it!! :wink_ani:

Stuart
May 23rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Is it wrong to say I see or feel no difference? I've dropped waist size, this is it, really...

I noticed a change when I went from omni to veggie however.

upior
May 23rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
As a wegetarian I had some blue days, in some periods quite few of them. Since I've been a vegan I seem to be much heapier. It maybe because I really started eat a lot of fruits.

Bearshark
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I've managed to lose the 10kg I've been trying to lose for about 6 months within 2 months of becoming vegan, without even being careful with what I ate or doing much exercise!! It's fantastic :D

Catfriend
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I think my favorite effects are personal and emotional. I feel that I am living in a manner that is in honest correspondence with the way I view the world.

Keane
Aug 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Is it wrong to say I see or feel no difference?

No, in fact I find any comparison impossible. I'd need a middle-aged omnivorous doppelganger - or maybe two - to compare with. A healthy living fitness fanatic one who eats 'organic' meat, does triathlons and cycles 50 miles a day; and a lazy one who has his brekkie at the local greasy spoon, lunch at the local boozer, tea at McBKFC and a kebab for supper.

Bowie
Sep 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM
It fulfills me as a person and makes me happy! I feel in peace with the world and it's the most wonderful feeling ever.

Lara_Hastings
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Aaah, such lovely answers :)
---

It's weird how I too feel so much more free with all the dietary preferences. I guess I feel that way because it's a bit like seeing the whole picture and thinking outside the box and not just do what all the other people do just because. Awesome feeling. I also got the clearer skin thing and more energy, and no more flues!

Linz
Oct 5th, 2010, 07:35 AM
1) Increased energy levels whilst running
2) Immune system boost - Since being vegan I now get ill so rarely :)
3) My cooking skills and creativity in the kitchen

Festered
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:15 AM
3) My cooking skills and creativity in the kitchen

Definitely that one!

Bearshark
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:17 AM
^ I second that! When I think about what I ate as a meat eater, I think "ugh, how boring!!"

Clueless Git
Oct 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Mine, summed up in a quote by Gandhi ..

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are all in harmony"

S'easy to be stuff like pro-life, anti-dp, pacifist etc but it aint 'all' in harmony 'less you remove violence from your diet too.

RumpusParable
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Less allergy/sinus symptoms! I've always had some chronic issues there and still do, but they are so much less now.... TMI WARNING! -I no longer have to gag out a ton of phlegm in the morning from post-nasal drip. TMI OVER!

maggielassie
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Veganism clearly feels so much better:

- no more cold or flu when the weather changes (if I catch any cold, it's extremely light);

- a lot less skin problems/spots (hardly any, now);

- no more IBS;

- no more strong BO; and

- no more food poisoning.

On the mental/psychological side:

- no more guilty conscience; and

- feeling at peace with myself.

The Veganbetic
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I currently have the flu, and the symptoms are far less severe than they have been in the past during other bouts.

My skin...is gorgeous!

I sleep much better.

My glucose measurements are near normal. As I keep losing weight, they'll become normal. :D

Psoriasis---gone.

BlackBow
May 27th, 2011, 04:26 AM
This is going to be a little bit of a humorous post.

We all know the common benefits to going vegan- it
saves animals, dramatically lowers heart attack chances, weight loss ETC.
But what about some of the lesser known benefits?
I made a small list....

-You don't have to wash your hands after touching a raw version of your food.
-When you eat a meal you don't have to worry rather or not it will give you heart attack.
-While baking you can eat the raw batter without fear of contracting salmonella.
-You get free comedy from the funny comments you will hear from people misinformed
about veganism.
-The joy only a vegan can get when you see anything that says "Dairy-Free"
-The glorious sound of tofu sizzling...
-The huge amount of hope for the future you get when you find out a baby is
a vegan

That's all I got feel free to share your own :bigsmile2:

Firestorm
May 27th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I would also like to add:

- Spending an hour at work explaining to my manager how a quiche can be made vegan (its an hours less work to do)!
- The joy of actually veganizing something and it working - cake, quiche, scotch eggs
- For a lot of people it increases interest in nutrition and cooking
- When someone (non-vegan) sees animal abuse or the horror of meat/dairy production and being able to say "I'm not a part of that, fancy going Vegan".
- Getting to use the vegan forum

Firestorm
May 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Lets also not forget, there is of course the benefit of being able to use the Vegan Forum!:p!;)

Andy_T
May 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Not having to worry about indigestion...

FaerieSuzy
May 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM

-While baking you can eat the raw batter without fear of contracting salmonella.

I discovered this the other whilst making cookies! So exciting!!!

FaerieSuzy
May 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
whoops *other DAY

felix_amborosa
May 27th, 2011, 02:52 PM
The joy of discovering accidental vegan products, such as oreos, skittles and arnotts strawberry jam biscuits :D
When you feed anti-vegan omnies vegan food and they love it...WIN
Discovering that your childhood idols are vegan

FaerieSuzy
May 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
The joy of discovering accidental vegan products, such as oreos, skittles and arnotts strawberry jam biscuits :D

s Oreo suitable for vegans?
Oreo is currently not suitable for vegans because the recipe contains whey powder. We’re also hoping to work on a vegan option soon, so watch this space. Whey-powder free, vegan-happy Oreo will hopefully be available soon. Exciting!

This is from Oreo's UK website.... :/ maybe it's different in other places??

Firestorm
May 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
In some places they are vegan, I'm quite sure they are in the states.

CoolCat
May 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
s Oreo suitable for vegans?
Oreo is currently not suitable for vegans because the recipe contains whey powder. We’re also hoping to work on a vegan option soon, so watch this space. Whey-powder free, vegan-happy Oreo will hopefully be available soon. Exciting!

This is from Oreo's UK website.... :/ maybe it's different in other places??

Yes Oreo's have a different recipe in different area's / regions.