PDA

View Full Version : UDO's 3-6-9

Dreamer
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
what do you think of it? is it a quality oil?

my usual daily intake is:

1 tbsp flax oil
2 tbsp canola oil
1/4cup peanuts

the other foods i eat are so low in fat as to be insignificant.

would adding hemp oil in place of canola oil be a good idea in your opinion.

thanks

dreamer

Tigerlily
Oct 11th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I think so. I sort of consider canola oil to be a lower grade oil. I only use it when frying (which isn't very often) because it's the chepeast and has no taste.

Adding some olive oil wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dreamer
Oct 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Adding some olive oil wouldn't be a bad idea.
i have some olive oil but its went all sloppy in the fridge and wont pour out. should it do this? i dont think my fridge is too cold a temperature.

twinkle
Oct 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with canola oil, per se - just because it's cheap doesn't necessarily mean it's bad!

Hemp oil is, as far as I understand it, high in omegas 3 and 6 and has the correct balance.

You should probably be careful of flax as it has something like 3:1 ratio Omega 3 to 6 whereas most oils in a normal diet have much more Omega 6. If you're not getting a normal diet you might swing it in the other direction. Balance is the key!

Dreamer
Oct 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
i've decide to use them all :)

flax oil
hemp oil
canola oil
Udo's oil
Peanuts and seeds

but not olive oil if its just gonna go mushy in my fridge. :rolleyes:

thankys guys

Tigerlily
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:30 PM
i have some olive oil but its went all sloppy in the fridge and wont pour out. should it do this? i dont think my fridge is too cold a temperature.

You don't need to keep olive oil in the fridge.

In the Middle East, they sometimes use olive oil as a preservative when making vegetable preserves. :p My grandmother makes pickled eggplant and they are in a jar of olive oil.

Dreamer
Oct 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
You don't need to keep olive oil in the fridge.

In the Middle East, they sometimes use olive oil as a preservative when making vegetable preserves. :p My grandmother makes pickled eggplant and they are in a jar of olive oil.
i thought it was recommended to keep it in the fridge so i took a look on the bottle and there's no mention of refridgeration. wooohoooo :D

thanks, i'll buy a new bottle and keep in under the counter away for heat and light as suggested.

thanks tiger :)