PDA

View Full Version : "I Count" Climate Change Event

WolfRain
Oct 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
On the 4th of November 2006 the "I Count" climate change event will be held in Trafalgar Square, London. The Rally is being oragnised by the "stop Climate Choas" coalition, which includes member such as "WWF, "Greenpeace", "Unison" and "Friends of the Earth".

It would be great to see a huge gathering of people to pass on the mesage to World Leaders.

Thanks,

www.icount.org.uk

Risker
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to this.

Risker
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Did you go to this? The friend I was meant to be going with didn't go, so I didn't go either.

WolfRain
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I went with Greenpeace who I do alot of campaigning with. It went really well, even if the walk took longer then I expected. I think that was due to sheer volumes of people though more than the distance between the US Embacy and Traflagar Square.

The weather was excellent all day, and as far as I could tell there was no property damage (apart from one landrover being keyed, but the owner shouldn't have parked it in the middle of a climate change rally really).

Shame you couldn't make it, and I will post any update I recieve from my Greenpeace group up here on the effects the rally had.

WolfRain