PDA

View Full Version : Vegan friendly restaurants in Australia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Roxy
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Here's a list for all the Sydney-siders to go through.

Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants in Sydney (http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/cuisines/vegetarian.htm)

abrennan
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Here's a list for all the Sydney-siders to go through.

Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants in Sydney (http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/cuisines/vegetarian.htm)

I've printed it out as there are a few I don't know about

whooo hoooo

antony:D

Roxy
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:55 AM
When I was in Sydney I tried a couple of curry places in Crow's Nest. The only reason we ate out in Crow's Nest was because that is where we were staying and they were easy to get to.

My brother was going to take us to that vegetarian yum cha place you have mentioned in another thread......but we just ran out of time.

In general, I found Sydney very expensive when it came to eating out.

abrennan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:13 AM
When I was in Sydney I tried a couple of curry places in Crow's Nest. The only reason we ate out in Crow's Nest was because that is where we were staying and they were easy to get to.

My brother was going to take us to that vegetarian yum cha place you have mentioned in another thread......but we just ran out of time.

In general, I found Sydney very expensive when it came to eating out.

Yeah they reckon it's it's the most expensive city in the country to live in

I was just in darlinghurst havin a veggie burger and they say do you want the chilli wggie burger adn I say OK and then they say it's a dollar extra, and I say Uh Huh, whilst I'm thinking, "what the!!!" twas nice though, all macrobiotic and the like

chili Antony

that yum cha place is oooh oooow, MMMmmm mmmmMMMM try and make time next time, I work right right the corner from there.

Roxy
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Is it near the QVB? I went shopping there :D Bought some lovely essential oils from The Perfect Potion.

abrennan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Is it near the QVB? I went shopping there :D Bought some lovely essential oils from The Perfect Potion.

It's one block across

The big street infront of QVB is George St the next across in parallel is Pitt St

it's a five minute walk

antony

Roxy
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Thanks Antony :) I know Pitt Street because of the Pitt Street Mall. I went up in that skytower thing there.

abrennan
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Thanks Antony :) I know Pitt Street because of the Pitt Street Mall. I went up in that skytower thing there.

Yeah what a view there is from up there, did you freak out?

Antony:D

Roxy
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Nah - no freaking out. They were beautiful views though! I really loved Sydney. Next time we are in Sydney we are planning to rent an apartment or stay in a hotel for a week to 10 days, in Manly. My boyfriend and I both really loved Manly.

Kiran
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:36 PM
This thread is just great.. Thanks all you guys.. I am going to Australia early next year in February - march (when it is summer there... wheeee) I get to beat the horrible British winter.!! I am going to use the information here for eating out. Great thread! :)

adam antichrist
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:01 AM
Nah - no freaking out. They were beautiful views though! I really loved Sydney. Next time we are in Sydney we are planning to rent an apartment or stay in a hotel for a week to 10 days, in Manly. My boyfriend and I both really loved Manly.

Manly, or as Sydney folk call it, "Blacktown by the Sea" is a nice place to visit. :D

abrennan
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:56 AM
Manly, or as Sydney folk call it, "Blacktown by the Sea" is a nice place to visit. :D

They have a ghost tour at Manly, I been on it twice, it is in an old hospital that is on the North Head of the harbour, they used to keep people there in case they had any diseases before they let them into the community what do they call that thing.... ah yes the manly quarantine station. It's great fun if you don't believe in ghosts and if you do you'll be freeeeaking out. I toool my neices the second time, 13 yrs old, where they spooked. But I was the tough uncle cause I don't think there are any ghosts and I walked into all the dark rooms and tunnels first. They give you lamps to carry round as it is pitch black (they do it at night) so it's not a restraunt but it's a bit of fun.

I came back to edit and putthis link in that I found

http://www.paranormalaustralia.com/tours/qstation.html

antony wooo hooo hoo hooooo whoooo hooo hooooo

Roxy
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:39 PM
My brother has done that ghost tour twice and his girlfriend wet her pants a little bit the last time that they went because she got such a fright when doors in the shower block started slamming by themselves!!!!

We did the ghost tour through The Rocks. It wasn't scary like the Quarantine Station one, but it was very informative and great if you like to know about the history of the area. We also got to to inside a building where there is an archeological dig going on in the basement. It was soooo interesting!

Mystic
Sep 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Yesterday I went for lunch at this new place in High Street Armadale called Erthfoods. Not vegetarian/vegan, but VERY vegan friendly and very accomodating. They have vegan choccie cake, polenta slice, potato pizza amongst many other stuff. I had a yummy lentil-chickpea burger, minus the mayo but with ketchup. The stuff is all whole foods and mostly organic. They also have fresh squeezed sugar cane juice, but I passed on that coz I had a filling a few weeks ago :D

abrennan
Sep 5th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Yesterday I went for lunch at this new place in High Street Armadale called Erthfoods. Not vegetarian/vegan, but VERY vegan friendly and very accomodating. They have vegan choccie cake, polenta slice, potato pizza amongst many other stuff. I had a yummy lentil-chickpea burger, minus the mayo but with ketchup. The stuff is all whole foods and mostly organic. They also have fresh squeezed sugar cane juice, but I passed on that coz I had a filling a few weeks ago :D

How cool, I pass through there once in a while on the way to rels in QLD and the only place I could ever find was that berry place outside twon but since they changed hands a few years ago they stopped having things that we would want to eat. I'll have to try this place next time I am up that way

Antony:p

Mystic
Sep 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Armadale in Melbourne. I know many other states have Armadales too :D

abrennan
Sep 5th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Armadale in Melbourne. I know many other states have Armadales too :D

oh well, i was excited

Imapeach
Sep 14th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but worth a reminder!

Adelaiders:

The Lizard Lounge on Hindley street does a vegan curry and a vegan(ised) nacho dish is available too :)

also, I've been eating a lot at the Vegetarian Garden in Mansions arcade just off Pulteney street recently and it's totally vegan and so convenient (for me at least, as a student). but very unhealthy, deepfriend etc. But when you're cold and hungry, that doesn't matter one bit!

I took my mum a curry from the Pure Vegan stall the other day for lunch, and she held up the gluten steak and said "WHAT is this???" She had a very hard time believing it was vegan :) I love my ma :)

bjorn again veg
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Also near Adelaide is 'Golden Nature' on Beach Road, Christies Beach.

Fully vegan eatery & grocery. Well priced nice meals, they do not use any animal products at all in their cooking (they do not even use onion or garlic)
Friendly staff & the owner does free cooking demo's (my kids loved the veg patties he taught me how to make)
Thoroughly recommend it (I have no commercial link to the business)

twinkle uk
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Heh, as im travelling round Australia I shall me needing much advice when I visit new places....Melbourne is SO vegan friendly its untrue! Its a shame my mates insist on eating at meat places SO much....!! Have discovered vegans unite so all is good...Am off to Tasmania in 2 weeks, gonna travel around there till christmas...anyone know of any good Tassie Vegan friendly places???
All help much appriciated...this forum has already been much help for when I head to Sidney in the new year....:)

abrennan
Nov 5th, 2005, 01:55 PM
There is a new Vegetarian restaurant opened in King St Newtown which is in Metropolitan Sydney for those out of towners. It's called GREEN PALACE. Most of the menu items looked vegan to me and they did very nice things with the veges. Which is an important thing I think.

Antony

treehugga
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Bendigo has bugger all. The veg cafes have closed - Findings and wholesome bean (no longer veg). Even Castlemaine nearby's veg restaurant 'the screaming carrot' has closed.:(

We now have nothing so it is yours truely's ambition to open one in the future. There must be more veg*ns than just me in this town :)

Dalron
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:00 AM
New veg*n cafe in Katoomba NSW

Niche Nosh Vegetarian Cafe

Eat in, takeaway & catering
10 Katoomba Street
Katoomba

Phone 02 4782 1622

Vegetarian and vegan meals.
Closed Mondays
Tues to Fri 11:00am to dinnner.
Sat & Sun 9.00am to dinner.< br>
No EFTPOS or credit cards at this time.

Reservations not necessary but going on how busy it was last Saturday, I would recommend it. They have a vegan pie-of-the-day and the three types that I have had so far have been terrific.

trahk
Dec 15th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Theres a vegan cafe in Brisbane called The Forest - Its mostly organic and all the food is vegan and super tasty, with a high emphasis on nutrition and food combining, as well as offering gluten free choices. It has a very relaxed atmosphere with nice tunes playing as well as live music and soon with certified organic booze...!

blue-and-yellow
Jan 29th, 2006, 08:20 AM
The Lizard Lounge on Hindley street does a vegan curry and a vegan(ised) nacho dish is available too :)

Yes! The Lizard Lounge is a great place! They're very accommodating, have great deals, food and live music. They really need support too, they have been very close to shutting down for a while now. I definitely suggest the Lizard Lounge.:p