PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]

twinkle
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I get sad when I can't bake. People at work kept asking me what I'd made recently, and when I was next bringing cookies in and I kept telling them I wasn't baking because of trying to lose weight, but I broke my baking dry spell on Friday morning and took in some Happy Vegan chocolate chip cookies. They all got snaffled pretty quickly, which meant there was less temptation for me and I like to think it went some way to making people's Friday cheerier :)

Kitteh
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM
dear lord i just made the blueberry lemon creme cupcakes (page 136). they have turned my world upside down. just to die for!

I really need to make these!

Cup cakes are so over people :) has anyone made any vegan cakepops yet?

http://www.cakepoppeople.com/Home.html

Bakerella has the best cake pops! http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/

xwitchymagicx
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Huge icing crisis! No idea what happened...it was like liquid...why was it not fluffy?! Totally sticking with my old faithful for buttercream frosting...I figured they must know something I don't. I am obvously wrong. :eek:

RubyDuby
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
would you mind sharing your old faithful? I always* end up with liquid.

*although I rarey bake... still would be nice to have a good recipe!

khadagan
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Huge icing crisis! No idea what happened...it was like liquid...why was it not fluffy?! Totally sticking with my old faithful for buttercream frosting...I figured they must know something I don't. I am obvously wrong. :eek:

Which recipe did you use? I must have made almost everything out of that book, but never have any problems with the frosting, the only thing i can figure is that you used too much liquid..

MomOf2Gremlins
Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
I'm so excited! I just ordered this one from Amazon!!! (Together with Isa's cookie one and 'The Joy of vegan baking')
Let the pounds come in once I start baking again! LOL

Blueberries
Jul 10th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I've had VCTOTW for about a year or two (I bought it with a one of those book shop loyalty cards where when you get a certain amount of stamps you get a €10 discount, so I got it for €2!) and I love it. I haven't made any of the really fancy recipes but the basic vanilla and chocolate cakes have been made several times, as have the buttercream icings. Once or twice I've used the peanut butter cake recipe to make Specloos cakes (Specloos is a similar texture to peanut butter)!

Blueberries
Aug 5th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I used the basic vanilla cake recipe from VCTOTW to make a base for home-made jaffa cakes. Its a book of almost infinate uses! :D

BeetIt
Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
I made the chocolate stout cupcakes from this cookbook. I made them for all my pals with rave reviews. The topping was amazeballs.

Blueberries
May 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Today I made the peanut butter cakes from this book as Specloos muffins. For this recipe adaptation I use Specloos spread instead of peanut butter, halve the amount of sugar and leave out the molasses as Specloos is already sweetened. :)