PDA

View Full Version : Dying for chocolate!

Annie
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Today was an odd day. The "lonely vegan syndrome" has hit me after a week and a half of being vegan :( and I'm just generally feeling pretty down right now...

Whenever I feel down I always crave chocolate (usually milk chocolate). I realize dairy is comfort food for most people...did y'all have these cravings too? Do they go away? :(

twinkle
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Not for milk chocolate, I've always preferred dark, but I did have cravings for Cheshire cheese for several months.

You could make hot chocolate up with the non-dairy milk of your choice and that might work well as a milk choc sub? :)

DancingWillow
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:57 AM
i've always preferred dark chocolate as well, but i know that they have vegan milk chocolate, made with rice milk (or soy milk, i don't remember). my health food store back in florida used to have it, but i don't remember the brand. if i do, i'll post it for you.

Wishin986
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:41 AM
you can make vegan no bake choc. pb (or soynut butter) oatmeal cookies - so fast and so amazing and definately a chocolate fix! and they are fairly healthy

Annie
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:45 AM
I would LOVE to bake some stuff (I have tons of recipes on my favs right now for cupcakes, muffins, cookies, etc) but our dorm kitchen has no baking sheet and I don't have the $ for or the car to get the ingredients >< rawr

Soul Rebel
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I saw vegan chocolate chips at our local co-op this weekend.

pavotrouge
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Have you tried Alpro chocolate soy milk? I like it even more than dairy cocoa (never liked it, as a matter of fact).

Wishin986
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:54 PM
if your university has a grocery store - sometimes they have brownie mix, like duncan hines is vegan. you can just add oil to a little bit of the dry mix to make small amounts of batter at a time and eat w. fruit like a banana or something for a quick fairly healthy chocolate snack

Annie
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:40 PM
My college has a bookstore but no grocery store sadly (the only grocery store is a 10 min drive away). I do appreciate the ideas for when I DO have access to food though =P

K41tlynP1k3
Nov 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
When I want chocolate, I make brownies and cookies.
Just google search for Vegan brownie recipes.

I made these ones last night, and they are amazing:
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=161

You can also eat Oreos, for a quick snack.
Or poptarts, many brands are Vegan (Even the Chocolate ones).

I am lucky, because I happen to live right next to this amazing store:
http://www.vegantreats.com/