PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite fruit?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

gertvegan
Jul 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I thought you would have cc. I only read about them in a newsletter I received from detox your world, who I bought my juicer from. See here (http://www.detoxyourworld.com/products/food/goji/)

harpy
Jul 18th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Dessert gooseberries (the red ones) are my absolute favourite but sadly you can only get them for about 2 days of the year. The good news is that today is one of those days.

eve
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:08 AM
A recent scientific report showed that eating blueberries helps to stave off alzheimers disease later on in life. All their experiments were done with frozen blueberries. Even if the experiments prove unsound, eating some blueberries sound good to me :)

harpy
Jul 19th, 2004, 11:29 AM
eating some blueberries sound good to me

Yes it does! Mind you, who needs an excuse? :)

I have put some blueberry bushes in my garden recently and they are growing, but they don't look right to me. Anyone else growing these?

Michelle
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:26 AM
Spring = strawberries
Summer = watermelon
Autumn = muscadines (a mostly southern US grape)
Winter = tangerines

Sheena
Jul 25th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I used to LOVE dark orange, sweet, juicy apricots but the ones I have had in recent years are dry and tasteless, I guess I have to be boring and say Gala apples.

Alexis
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:30 PM
I have to say Mango. Even though in the fall for a while it is Fuji apples, and whenever navel oranges get to the middle of Illinois I love them. Hearing about all these fruits I love but cannot get in the middle of Illinois makes me so sad. No Guava, Jackfruit, Durian, or Goji berries. And Lychees for only a week during the year, Papayas for a month, Blackberries for the summer. I also like to freeze sliced peaches and bananas. I love blueberries!

VeganChick
Aug 1st, 2004, 12:09 AM
stawberries!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMM

Veganmama
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:53 PM
blueberries, blackberries, rasberries....mmmmmm berries

I also love manderiens, the liitle ones
Watermelon
kiwi fruit
lemons
green gapes
Drool.....

aqaneve
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:33 PM
watermelon in summertimes, apples (with cinnamon...mmm) in winter, but also pears, oranges, grapefruits, plums... :p :)

Kevster
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I guess bananas, but not as much as i used to, proper ripe mangos are lovely, especially if you eat them in thier country of origin.

l337_v3g4n_1
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:35 PM
mmm, so much to choose from...

I would have to say mangoes, I love them, but sadly, here in iceland, tey are expensive and not as good as right off the tree. Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, actully I love all fruit, except for red apples, and sometimes I get wierd watery oranges wich I don't like. I have been going banana crazy lately, I love anything with banana. banana mango berry... sounds like a new super fruit. :D
heh, you can't see this text, can you?
oh, and shouldn't this be a poll? or did you decide against it because the vast amounts of fruit?

Roxy
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:52 AM
I saw it ;)

foxytina_69
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:47 AM
well there are so many different fruits, if it was a poll it would be only the basic fruits, and u can see how many exotic ones u all love! :)

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Gay, you are so silly! :)
Yes, I agree. Durian smells funny. When I see people talking about how "sweet" it is, I am like..hmmm, where are you getting YOUR Durian? All the varieties I have tried have been rich, pungent, creamy and oniony. NOT "sweet". I do not care for Durian and if that makes me a naughty raw fooder, than so be it! :) The Kitchen Witch Has Spoken!

Fruitbat
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
blueberries

golden kiwis (yellow vs green with a citrusy mango-like flavour - higher in VitC than usual kiwis)

passionfruit

other berries

Custard-apple and Chocolate-fruit were unusual but GORGEOUS

Cantalupe melon

slinkyvagabond
Sep 3rd, 2004, 05:31 AM
Watermelon's awesome. Lately I'm very into peaches, both yellow flesh and that weird flat white flesh variety that's alternately called "Saturn" and "donut".

~*Blue*~
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:02 AM
i've been eating lots of kiwis recently (before that, i had a mango obsession).

VeganBohemian
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:41 AM
In order of awesome-ness:

1 - Strawberries
2 - Kiwis
3 - Blueberries
4 - Bananas
5 - Watermelon

Mystic
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:46 AM
This is from http://www.thefruitpages.com, what sort of fruit do you tend to eat most of?

- Acid Fruit
oranges - pineapples - sour apples - sour plums - lemons - grapefruits - sour peaches - limes - tangerines - sour grapes - tomatoes
These are the most detoxifying fruits and excellent foods. They should be avoided when you have the flu because the body could overreact detoxifying and make you even more sick.
Some people may have problems with these fruits because of their acid content. The acid though is a healthy and organic nutritional element (for instance: ascorbic acid is vitamin c, found especially in citrus fruits and vegetables).
Sometimes one type of fruit from this category can irritate a particular part of the body. This can be caused by an allergic reaction caused by cow milk. There is a good chance that after staying away from dairy this reaction disappears.
- Low-acid Fruit
apricots - blueberries - huckleberries - strawberries - nectarines - raspberries - blackberries - gooseberries - mangos - elderberries - olives - fresh figs - sweet apples - cherries- sweet peaches - sweet plums - persimmons
These fruits are less detoxifying than acid fruits and can be handled well in any amount.
- Sweet Fruit
dates - sweet grapes - pears - prunes - raisins - dried figs
Rehydrate dried fruit by soaking it overnight in a jar of water.
- Melons
watermelons - cantaloupes - honey dew - galia
Are like all other fruits excellent food. What's very special about watermelons is that they contain as much iron as spinach. Eat as much of them as you like.
- Starchy Fruit
bananas - pumpkins - winter squashes
Don't eat more than one banana a day if you gain weight easily.
- Non-starchy Fruit
cucumber - sweet pepper - zucchini - egg plant - yellow squash
- Fat containing Fruit
olives - avocadoes

I eat a lot of dates (but in the context of candy so it doesn't count!), but I would say my most consumed fruit is the tomato - I am guaranteed to eat tomato every single day. So that would be an acid for me. Otherwise, I eat a lot of strawberries and bananas - low acid and starchy.

eve
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM
Dfificult to say which I like the best, as I seem to eat from each grouping, eg I like pawpaw, olives & avocado, blueberries, prunes, cucumber, tomatoes.

Veganmama
Oct 1st, 2004, 12:42 PM
It's really hard to choose just one group. I eat mostly a Raw diet and so eat a wide variety every day

harpy
Oct 1st, 2004, 12:56 PM
It also depends on the time of year, doesn't it? We eat "acid fruit" all the year round so I voted for that, but we also eat a lot of berries, peaches, plums etc when they're in season. The others are all good too!

eve
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
This is an interesting article on fruit by raw foodist Frederic Patenaude http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/fruit-article.html

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Eve. Great link. I am a more veggies than fruit Raw Fooder who is adding more fruits than ever... :)