PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite fruit?

Pages : [1] 2 3

foxytina_69
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:12 PM
right now mine is oranges. (ive eaten three already :D) but i also like watermelon mmmm and strawberries

Edit: To see the original message that was posted with the poll, look at post 47 (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10787&postcount=47) in this thread.

globesetter
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
but it may have to be papaya.....mmmmm

tricia
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:44 PM
bananas... mmmmmmmmm :D Now i want one...

Kaialian
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
Apples
watermelons
bananas
oranges
grapes (I can't decide between red and green though...)

*drool* yum...(and to continue the trend) ...MmMmMmMmM!!

cedarblue
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:31 PM
mango, mango and MANGO (and lychees!)

Helga
Apr 25th, 2004, 09:21 AM
DURIAN (truly the king of fruits), passion fruit, pomello, bananas, avocados, rambutans and many more.... but most of the time end up eating bananas, oranges and apples.

Michael
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Definitly watermelon when it's hot out, and bananas all year round!!!

newmayaml
Apr 25th, 2004, 09:35 PM
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

rach
Jun 13th, 2004, 05:38 PM
i say strawberries mmmmmmmmmmm i need some right now!!!

cedarblue
Jun 13th, 2004, 05:42 PM
i've just had some with swedish glace ice cream and choc savings all over top ..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p

Artichoke47
Jun 13th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Pineapple

Mystic
Jun 14th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Of course I love bananas...but I adore mangos, passionfruit - my boyfriend and I go on passionfruit binges, kiwifruit, pineapple, apples, oranges, peaches, all berries, cantaloupe - actually I love them all...except I HATE watermelon and honeydew melon... avocados...mmm avocado and tomato sandwiches are the best...and if I wasn't intolerant to nuts, then peanut butter and banana sandwiches are the bomb!

What about dried fruit? Dried fruit is like lollies - eapecially dates, mango and pineapple. I can eat and eat and eat dried fruit.

animalsvoice
Jun 15th, 2004, 04:21 PM
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
watermelon
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :p
I like watermelon too, mmmmmmm!!! And oranges in the winter (when they don't taste strange), apples when they don't have a stange taste lol, stawberries.

By the way, if one translates the words in the swedish word for strawberries (2 words) into english it would be earth old man/earth fellow. LOL

Pass the earth fellows please!!!

animalsvoice
Jun 15th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Earth men, lol

Kryptic
Jun 15th, 2004, 11:03 PM
My faves are seedless grapes (red or white), cantaloupe, and mandarin oranges.

^_^

veganess
Jul 4th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Nice juicy nectarines...

Sabster
Jul 4th, 2004, 10:11 PM
erm... hard to choose. I'm thinking mangos:p But really I eat more apples and bananas. I looove figs... and strawberries too. Oh and dates. So, somewhere between dates, figs, strawberries, and mangos. I really like apples... and blood red oranges (or any other type of orange), and red grapefruit ... it's hard for me to really pick favorites... I like a variety of things:)

eve
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:05 AM
My fave is paw paw - not only because it tastes so good, but because they are grown locally, as are mangoes and bananas - in fact there's a huge mango tree outside my front door. The tree has been there over 100 years, and its fruit is delicious.

As vegans, we are generally more environmentally conscious than the rest of the population who are 'still asleep'. Therefore, are you able to buy local fruits and vegies, rather than imported where there is so much energy used to drive and fly the produce from one country to another? (I realise that some countries are not so blessed with year round good weather.)

ConsciousCuisine
Jul 11th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Anyone here like Durian? Ever heard of it even?

My favorite has to be Young Coconuts! We chop 'em open and drink the mineral-rich water, then scrape out the delicate coconut...Decadent!

eve
Jul 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
I've certainly heard of durian, though there are different varieties. Not keen on the Indonesian varieties. When I was in Thailand, I had durian with sticky rice. Quite delicious. Actually it is sold here where I live, and recently bought a large one at a local market. It brought back sweet memories.

John
Jul 12th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Avocados have to be #1. Followed by bananas,mangos, cherrys, and nectarines. Tomatos too.

i_like_deer
Jul 12th, 2004, 10:02 PM
i've never heard of durain--what is it????

there's a new asian market that opened up here recently & it has sooo many fruits i've never heard of & wouldn't know what to do with. i got a guava from there--which i'd never had before (not what i expected!) & i'd like to try other new stuff... anyone have a lychee before?

ConsciousCuisine
Jul 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I encourage you, i like deer, to try out the Asian market's fruits! Lychees are great! It is common to find them sweetened and "jellied" in cans and as ice cream-like treats. They are good fresh too...Durian is an exoitc, spiky, odd-looking, strong smelling "fruit" that grows to be so loarge that when it falls naturally from the trees, it has killed people by landing on their heads! It smells like frsh green onions and sulfur-hell. It is creamy and odd. Jackfruit is another odd-looking fruit that tastes better than durian to me...
Be Well!

gertvegan
Jul 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Has anyone tried, or even heard of Goji berries ?

ConsciousCuisine
Jul 16th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Yes! Goji berries are a "super food"! They have an amazing nutritional profile and taste good too! They are expensive, however.