PDA

View Full Version : eating the batter

Yogini
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Do you ever get a mad craving for something baked, but then eat so much of the batter while preparing it that by the time it's ready you don't want it anymore?

I've got a chocolate cake and batch of chocolate frosting cooling in the fridge if anyone lives in southern Connecticut and wants them.:(

Tigerlily
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Nope, never happens to me. I love my sweets. :D

thecatspajamas1
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I think things taste SO good in batter form. Cookie dough is way better than cookies. And brownie batter..... oh my goodness. And since it's vegan there's no risk of salmonella poisoning so we can have all the raw dough we want!!

Yogini
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:44 AM
And since it's vegan there's no risk of salmonella poisoning so we can have all the raw dough we want!!

Hell, that never stopped me when I was omni. I'm quite the daredevil. :D

insubordination
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I never want sweets once they're cooked. It's usually because I've sampled too much.

twinkle
Nov 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I used to make chocolate cookies which are basically equal amounts of margarine, icing (confectioners) sugar creamed together, with as much cocoa powder and flour added as will get them to a good cookie consistency. They make yummy light cookies, but the batter is even more delicious - I quite often used to end up eating the whole bowl of batter before I got any cookies in the oven.

And now I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu - I have a feeling I may have told that story on here before :)

pavotrouge
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I often improvise and make muffins and cupcakes and without a recipe and find myself eating a lot of the batter... the salmonella stopped me from doing it when I was an omni, except for those times in the last millenium when I was still involved in granny's Xmas baking ^_^

Annie
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:47 AM
When I was omni I used to eat cookie dough raw allllll the tiiimmmeee and oh god do I miss it :(

They should make vegan cookie dough ready to bake!

Wishin986
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:58 AM
sometimes i make brownie batter to eat w. a banana and fruit and then leave it in the fridge so it lasts for days - good dessert!

nervine
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:15 AM
My stomach always hurts after I eat batter. You can always send that cake my way Yogini! Freeze it and eat it some other time..

Yogini
Nov 15th, 2006, 06:08 AM
They should make vegan cookie dough ready to bake!

They do!

http://www.veganstore.com/index.html?stocknumber=835

I've never tried it and can't vouch for it, but I remembered seeing it when I read your post.