PDA

View Full Version : All chocolate (or carob lovers) please help!

KezUK
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'm trying to work out where to get the moulds to make soft centred chocolates. I want decent moulds that will last a few years. I did get some cheapy shallow ones from Woolworths a few years ago but they went rusty. I want designs like the ones you'd get out of a box of Milk Tray, with a swirl on the top or a square design, but that looks really clear, and of course they'd have to be fairly deep. Does anyone know where I can order them online? And has anyone here ever made them before?

Jamie
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I experimented a little when I was young with some moulds my mum had from a chocolate making course a long time ago! :) it wasn't hard to make solid ones, and my mum told me the way to make the designs or filled ones is to use a brush, although I've seen on TV that they tilt or use a spinning device.

I would suggest looking on ebay for moulds, there are most likely ebay shops doing them if no individual sellers, and if you do a google search you might find some more shops. But I find ebay is usually a great place to start.

You said you moulds went rusty - they were metal? The ones I used were clear thin plastic.

Good luck! :)

Mr Flibble
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:48 PM
If you own a company or claim you do you can try using a supplier such as keylink (http://www.keylink.org/shopping/public_priceList.asp?txtCatCode=BWC). They'll generally charge a small order fee if you spend under a 100 quid thou, which may double the price of what you're buying.

Jamie
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Figure Mould for Farmer Riding Pig
nice! :eek: