PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Friends in Phoenix?

PainterLady
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Hi! I am about to lose my mind with the extreme prejudice I feel in Phoenix for being a vegan. I would love to meet some cool vegans who like to hang out, play music and have sincere respect for deep, loyal friendships. I live in an art studio with 2 other vegans, one being my husband. We have been ostricised for being vegan in the art scene. We like to hang out on the back porch. My husband plays guitar and that would be cool to meet a vegan musician who enjoys playing music for the fun of it. I am still learning how to play the banjo. Okay, I know this is a long shot, but just maybe you are out there, lifelong vegan friend. :o

Soul Rebel
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm in Kentucky but I read that you are learing the banjo. How difficult is it, I've always wanted to learn how to play one.

PainterLady
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hi There! Nice to meet ya! I'm grew up north of you in Indiana. Well, banjo is just like anything, ya gotta practice and keep the faith. I do well when I practice and get into it, but if I slack off I forget everything and have to start over. So for me, it has been difficult, which is really my own fault. :)

luvzsunshine
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Hi PainterLady,

I currently live in Chandler....I also grew up in Indiana. What part are you from??

PainterLady
Nov 28th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Hi Luvzsunshine, oh yah, you live in Chandler, we'll have to hang out sometime! :) In Indiana, I'm from Fort Pain, where are you from?

luvzsunshine
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
We will definately have to hang out!!! Do you ever go to any of the meetups? I'm from Hammond, IN in the North West, near Chicago.

fiamma
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I want to come to Phoenix and hang out at your place PainterLady!!!

PainterLady
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:38 PM
You are more than welcome Fiamma! Anytime!

fiamma
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Bless your heart PainterLady - you sound like a beautiful person and I'm sorry that you're encountering so much prejudice for being vegan.

luvzsunshine
Nov 29th, 2006, 09:49 PM
It is awful that you're dealing with so much prejudice. Most people I encounter around here are pretty ignorant to it, but don't give me too much to much of a hard time about it (for the most part). I do feel pretty alone at times though. Nobody I know really understands and the ignorant comments sometimes get to me.
I went to one of the vegetarian meetups and intend to continue going to more. It's nice to meet up with some like-minded people.