PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Truffle Cake

Pages : 1 [2]

Jamie
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:19 AM
phwoar! :o

piggy
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:31 AM
mm, every1 loved it, and told me tastes like a cake from a professional bakery. and no-one realises it's vegan *teehee*

fiamma
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Happy birthday for yesterday Piggy! The cake looks awesome :)

puffin
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Your cake looks lovely piggy. Mine is in the oven as we speak. I put a touch of orange juice and some orange zest in. Will let you know how it turned out.

Pob
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I just made a chocolate and coffee cake.

I followed the recipe for chocolate cake on Cherry's site but added two teaspoons of decaffeinated coffee and a whole bar of green and blacks plain chocolate broken in chunks( :eek: ). Then I iced it with icing made from 3 teaspoons of coffee dissolved in a little water and 8oz of icing sugar.

It is really rich and decadent.

Ginger
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Ooooo coffee icing :D I haven't had that since my nan used to make it.
Feeling all nostalgic now...:o

puffin
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
ummm odd. mine doesnt look crumbly like yours piggy. Mine to be honest doesnt taste fantastic. It nice but not quite right, maybe i did something wrong :rolleyes:

cedarblue
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
hmmm, wonder what happened there puffin? mine was so crumbly.....

i'm so pleased people are trying this recipe and (on the whole) loving their cake.

puffin
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Tried another slice as you do and it tasted a lot better. Might have been the orange i put in it :confused: Prob made it a bit more sticky.

piggy
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
i made this again...with fresh strawberries this time, and LOTS of them!! (stole poison ivy's idea for decorating the cake :D not that it's as pretty as hers :()
i used a different recipe for making the dough though, and since i didn't have vegan cream, i made the choc filling using melted choc, and some choc soy milk and water. oh, and i added walnuts to the dough. it was a huge hit! the strawberries make it really special!
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/piggyfood/choccake.jpg

Gorilla
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
ooh, i could eat all of that right now, piggy! it looks lovely! :)

cedarblue
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
yes indeedy!!

Aradia
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Poison Ivy --- do you need any new friends? to help with decorating, shopping ......... cake eating, that sort of thing.

I'm just an email away .......:p

Poison Ivy
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Lol, I'll let you know Aradia:)

bulletproof
Aug 6th, 2007, 11:34 PM
hello vegan forum, been a long time since i browsed you, i was really looking forward to making and more importantly eating this cake having read the posts and looked at the pictures but i just tried the recipe (no icing though) and whilst it looked good it tasted truely disgusting- not very sweet or chocolatey and i followed it exactly, as far as i can tell- i don't understand. did anyone else have problems or am i just cursed? :confused:

Maisiepaisie
Aug 7th, 2007, 12:43 AM
All my chocolate cakes so far have failed. I'll give this one a go tomorrow or the day after. If that tastes horrible I'm giving up!

Melanie
Aug 7th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Oh my goodness this thread is making me want chocolate cake 0.o
Will have to try this one out (and it gives me an excuse to buy some green&blacks... :D)

bulletproof
Aug 7th, 2007, 05:02 PM
All my chocolate cakes so far have failed. I'll give this one a go tomorrow or the day after. If that tastes horrible I'm giving up!

but mine are normally good! buti lost the recipe

Honest_Goodbye
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna try this... bet it won't work, things don't tend to work for me!!!