PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3

gertvegan
Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
BRISTOL VEGAN FAYRE

NEW WEBSITE COMING SHORTLY

Keep up to date with all the news for the 2007 show on the new website www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

To be held on Saturday and Sunday June 9th and 10th, including an announcement soon on the headline bands (rumours currently circulating that Paul McCartney is doing a ½ hour acoustic set are sadly not true).

The website should be live by mid November.

Stalls can be booked from Mid November too – contact Yaoh for details.

NB For more info about meeting up, see the UK Meetup forum, which you may need to subscribe to via the user control panel and group memberships.

RedWellies
Nov 2nd, 2006, 11:27 AM
It's not free entry next year!

alisont
Nov 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Im sure Il be there for the weekend:) its in the diary already!

Alison

aubergine
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Sweet. Hopefully I can book my holiday without clashing with the festival this time!

snaffler
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
The Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007 looks amazing the website is now up and its a two day event with bands :D I will def be going next year.

vegcurry
Nov 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Oooo it looks fun, and The Beat are playing too! :-) (haven't seen them in years) Hopefully I'll be able to get there.

gertvegan
Nov 30th, 2006, 05:45 PM
As well as The Beat, Manchester guitar band Puressence have confirmed their appearance at the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007.

More info at www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

Monday
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Me and hubby will be there - he is Wonderpig!!

Monday xx

cookey
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
I will be there helping on the day.
For those of you in the Bristle and South West areal, we really need your help! I know many of you are tied up with holiday plans at the moment, but if you have time, have a look at the website:
www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

gertvegan
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
The January news about the fayre is now on the fayre website above.

auntierozzi
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I would love to make it to the Bristol Vegan Fayre. Can anybody recommend vegan friendly accomodation in the area? Are there places where people will be meeting up?

Thanks

RedWellies
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
We will definitely be meeting up somewhere but don't expect me to be that organised this far in advance!!

cookey
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:12 AM
If you have a look at the Bristol Vegan website(link is the middle one on Gertvegan's signature) there should be some info on accomadation in Bristol.

Risker
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM
There's lots of campsites and it's nice and warm around that time of year, that's probably what I'll be doing.

vegcurry
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:35 PM
We will definitely be meeting up somewhere but don't expect me to be that organised this far in advance!!

It will probably involve a pub or restaurant :D

auntierozzi
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks! Camping sounds like fun. I am going to try and fit it in with days off, so I've got to think ahead. Hope to meet you.

gertvegan
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:38 PM
The fayre may well get a mention along with the Yaoh hemp Milkmaker, hemp, and the Yaoh 007 Vegan Organic Awards on TV tomorrow, Wednesday 17 Jan at 12.30 – 1.30 pm on UKTV food (sky channel 259) in ‘Great Food Live’.

snaffler
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Me and Suzi have been wondering if you would like an hour or two voluntry help at the fayre ? If so who do we get in touch with, we would also like to Enjoy the Fayre and have a good look around as well. :) Send me a PM if you read this if not I will email you.

gertvegan
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Snaffler, and anyone else who is up for helping, please get in touch with Yaoh (or timbo) via the contact us on www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk Any other questions or queries about the fayre should also be to Yaoh. ;)

gertvegan
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:21 PM
The stall holders attending have been updated on the website, including Viva! and the V V F, sponsors updated, entertainment updated, including Simon Kohli and Mr Brett from Swamp Circus - Acrobat and Clown Extraordinaire, speakers updated, including Andrew Knight from Animals Count, and demos updated, including Margery Dawes FatFighters demo, and more.

ph63228
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM
i think we should find a nice hotel and book the place out, an entire hotel full of vegans :P thats one big party lol

alisont
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I gather there is a bit of concern over hotel accomodation and availability?

I have booked the Ramada Plaza - on a lot of sites this is way over £100:eek: but on www.superbreaks.com (http://www.superbreaks.com) it is £45.50 a room b&b 4 star hotel with a pool and gym etc...£3.50 parking too. There are other hotels some by the motorway £51-£100+ a room sleeps 1-4. The Travelodge had £26 on the Sunday night (£49 the Sat) On superbreaks - you have to put Bristol in the destinations box and dates it will bring up a list of whats available.

I dont think the cheap rates will be about for long so many people will be in town that weekend:)

So if anyone fancies a meal later on the Sat - after the bands and a few beers?:) :)

Nice to think Il get to be there both days:D

cookey
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Alison - It's great to know you'll be there!
I am still needing a team of stewards for the fayre. There is small amount of money to pay people and you will get into the fayre free. Each steward would need to commit to at least one 6 hour shift on both days.
There will also be tombola stalls running which need people to work on them. Slightly less responsibility and maybe more opportunity for chit chat!
If people are interested, please can they PM me.
Gert vegan is taking a well deserved break this year.

RedWellies
Feb 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
What's the music that comes up when you go on the website? It's great!

Gorilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 08:41 PM
it's not playing any music for me :confused: