PDA

View Full Version : Cheezly - for U.S. folks

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 02:25 AM
I just noticed this thread and thought I'd mention something. The Cheezly folks were at the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival handing out samples and they were awesome. They're trying to get a U.S. distribution deal and are asking people to go to the places they get their "cheese" and request they carry Cheezly.

I recommend you do so. I think that if we're successful, you will find it worth your time.

Tigerlily
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Oooh, I wonder if it counts for Canada?

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:25 AM
I didn't think to ask, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

Tigerlily
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:36 AM
I'll ask anyway. :) I really want to try Cheezly.

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:41 AM
It was so good, I almost lost my mind. :p And I'm not a huge fan of vegan cheese.

Tigerlily
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Better than Vegan Gourmet?

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Well, I can't tolerate Vegan Gourmet unmelted - I have to melt it before I like it. But Cheezly was heavenly on it's own in cold cubes. Particularly the white cheddar. And the nacho, which is by nature meant to be melted, was also good unmelted. And until Cheezly, Vegan Gourmet was the only vegan cheese I ever found palatable in any form.

I used to be a huge cheese gourmand.

Tigerlily
Nov 19th, 2006, 04:35 AM
I can't stand Vegan Gourmet unmelted. Yucky. My mom was about to slice some up for her sandwich today and I was like "Eeew you can't eat it raw!"

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah, it's nasty.

Mermaid07
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:30 AM
where do you get this cheezly? I can't find vegan cheese anywhere, but i am also kind of glad because i think i might get addicted. As a vegetarian i LOVED cheese and it so so bad for you!

Yogini
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:35 AM
As far as I know, it's currently only available in the U.K. And possibly Europe, but not the U.S. or Canada. The Cheezly people would like to sell it here, so we all need to go to our natural foods stores and ask that they carry it. I think Cheezly's parent company is called Redwoods.

eilidh
Dec 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Cheezly is a good one to try. It tastes better and is the only one I've ever managed to come across so far where the main ingredient isn't hydrogenated oils. It seems to be far healthier ingredients-wise than other brands I've seen. Less addictives too. Good luck in getting it stocked over there!

rantipole
Dec 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I can't stand Vegan Gourmet unmelted. Yucky. My mom was about to slice some up for her sandwich today and I was like "Eeew you can't eat it raw!"

I really like it raw, sliced, right out of the package. I can eat like half a package just by itself. I love it.

Cheers,
rant

PainterLady
Dec 7th, 2006, 03:16 AM
It took me 2 years to get Wild Oats to carry Vegan Gourmet. I wish I could just order some cheezly online so I can taste it.

spazzpoet
Jun 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
It's gooooooooood!

JustMe
Jun 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
I sometimes use the Cheezly Mozzarella when cooking for omni guests. It works well if coarsely grated and then put over the top of lasagne or a cauliflower & broccoli bake and then put into a moderate oven so that it melts and goes golden.

Yogini
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:41 PM
I just heard that Vegan Essentials plans to start selling Cheezly in July 2007! Hip hip hooray!

rantipole
Jun 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it was in their email newsletter. I can't wait to try it.

I did have a great pizza last night made with Vegan Gourmet mozarella.

Cheers,
rant

DancingWillow
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
thanks for posting, i didn't know. oh, i can't wait!

cobweb
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:30 PM
mmmmmmmmmm...........Cheezly!!! :)

tipsy
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
wonderful! :D

im not a vegan cheese fan at all. but ill def. try it!:)