PDA

View Full Version : Soya Yogurt

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

foxytina_69
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
how do you make homemade soy yogurt?

Mystic
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I wish there was some other type of yoghurt other than soy - like rice.

harpy
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:12 AM
If you leave soy milk in an uncovered jug in the fridge for a few days, it usually starts to thicken and turn into yoghurt (those little bugs are everywhere and will move in at the earliest opportunity, it seems).

I have got a method somewhere for making more yoghurt starting with some of the stuff in the jug as your "culture" - I'll try and dig it out.

Aurora
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hi

I bought a yoghurt maker from Lakeland and started off with the organic soy yoghurt and the organic soy milk.

The homemade stuff tastes much nicer and it's so easy to make.

Aurora

Trendygirl
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Ok so does organic soy yogurt has the live bacteria in it you need? How does the machine work and what milk do you use, home made or shop bought? Also is Lakeland the manufactures or the shop you bought it from?

cast_the_flames
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:09 AM
i generally just eat my yogurt plain or with fruit or cereal. however, i've got about a quarter of a tub that has been in my fridge for a while. it's still good, but i'd rather use it in something rather than eat it plain. any ideas? maybe in bread or something?

gertvegan
Jan 14th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Bung it in a curry. :D

Gorilla
Jan 14th, 2005, 09:23 AM
yeah i like to use soy yogurt as an accompaniment to curry or as a substitute for sour cream with chilli or nachos, because i can't get vegan sour cream where i live. :)

cedarblue
Jan 14th, 2005, 08:43 PM
make some tzaziki with it!
grate some cucumber into in, bit of crushed garlic,squeeze of lemon juice and some chopped mint leaves and a bit of seasoning mmmmm

soyisamazing
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:13 PM
i found this at my grocery store and thought i would try it. i'm glad i did! it is so good! i like it even better than the regular yogurt i used to eat pre-vegan days. it also has a certified vegan symbol and on the back has this highlighted phrase that says:

"vegan - casein, whey & gluten free"

i love that they labeled the container. i think all vegan products should do that - it would make shopping so much easier.

this past week i've been eating it everyday and monitoring how many my boyfriend has. :D

has anyone else tried this or the smoothies? i'm not a big yogurt smoothie fan but since i like the yogurt so much i'm thinking of trying it.

michellerenee
Jan 8th, 2006, 08:04 PM
THAT sounds like a delicious idea.

Veganbear
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:36 PM
i found this at my grocery store and thought i would try it. i'm glad i did! it is so good! i like it even better than the regular yogurt i used to eat pre-vegan days. it also has a certified vegan symbol and on the back has this highlighted phrase that says:

"vegan - casein, whey & gluten free"

i love that they labeled the container. i think all vegan products should do that - it would make shopping so much easier.

this past week i've been eating it everyday and monitoring how many my boyfriend has. :D

has anyone else tried this or the smoothies? i'm not a big yogurt smoothie fan but since i like the yogurt so much i'm thinking of trying it.

I LOVE Wholesoy. A while back I e-mailed them and asked for coupons, and I recieved 8 FREE PRODUCT COUPONS!!! 2 for the small yogurts, 2 for the large tubs of yogurt, 2 for the smoothies, and 2 for the frozen yogurt.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:07 PM
And you are just now sharing this with us? :p

Veganbear
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Actually, I shared it March 11, 2005. I started a thread titled 'Wholesoy'. I would've showed you, but I don't know how to do a link to it.

Veganbear
Jan 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM
SORRY!! I remembered wrong--I got REGULAR coupons for the Wholesoy, not free ones. I got FREE ones from the Luna Bar people.

Smoothie
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:05 PM
okay, i just did the uncovered jar thing - exept i used a couple of tablespoons of soy yoghurt as a "starter" - so now i'm just gonna wait, and hope for the best.

once i tried the heating a litre of soymilk, and then waitning until it was "finger hot" and then adding a tablespoon of soy yoghurt and putting it in a airthight container, and keeping it at room temperature, two times, but both times it got really gross and had a wierd texture. have anyone tried this with succes? and if so, how?

RedWellies
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I have recently seen that Alpro now do organic "yoghurts". This seems to be a new product, so let's hope people buy it.

cedarblue
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
they were pushing in the supermarket the other week with little taster pots, it was nice.

PygmyGoat
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM
They've been around for ages haven't they, just 'improved' lately. I do like them but they not exactly 'natural' (look at the ingredients!! :D ).

Mr Flibble
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:39 AM
yea, several years in major supermarkets i'm affraid ;)

They've changed the packing design and are now their filling them with crap like omega oils for people with unbalanced diets (further reinforcing the fact that alpro's primary target market these days is obese omnis who've been told they'll die in a year unless they cut down on cholesterol). They don't seem to taste any different, unlike the new fresh so good stuff that tastes like gnat's piss.

RedWellies
Oct 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM
yea, several years in major supermarkets i'm affraid ;)

What, the organic ones? I'd not seen organic ones before. I thought they were new.

Mr Flibble
Oct 11th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Indeed. They are generally about 20-30p more expensive, only one flavour type (i.e. not a version of an existing one). You may well have bought them and not realised.

twinkle
Oct 11th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Even the organic ones - they would have been in with the organic diary stuff.

Mr Flibble
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I've not seen organic diaries before ;)

Generally they've been in the same section as others (Sainsburys, Tesco, Co-op)

puffin
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM
They are black cherry flavour i think. Very nice.