PDA

View Full Version : Please list all of the reasons why you are a vegan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

puffin
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I woke up one day and decided to be vegan, thats it, i didnt have a computer at the time so i couldnt research veganism, and nothing i read made me become vegan, i just evolved one morning ;)

Mozbee
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Maybe it was something you'd eaten:D :) :D

cookie
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I'm really interested in all the different motivating factors. It makes it easier to defend my choices to non vegans. So thanks for letting me borrow some of your ideas! :p

I'm moving in with two omnis in August, both have already expressed an interest in having a vegan fridge, vegan dinners etc. There is hope :D

Mozbee
Jun 10th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I'm moving in with two omnis in August, both have already expressed an interest in having a vegan fridge, vegan dinners etc. There is hope :D
Can I suggest you use this link and get a free DVD (http://www.eatthis.org.uk/) to show them, although it's aimed at primarily at senior school kids it showed me a few things I'd not seen before. :eek: It's certainly a good resource to have on hand. ;)

tails4wagging
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:17 AM
I went veggie in 1984 when I realised I was not eating much meat, so gave it up and as I loved animals it seemed sense. I gave up dairy milk at the same time only because I was not drinking much of it.

So when I went into animal rights, at that time, I was only eating a little bit of cheese so it was easy for me to turn vegan. That was two years ago,it was easier for me as I naturally went that way.

FestiveF
Jun 20th, 2005, 12:26 AM
hm...well I have been pretty much vegetarian for the past four years- eating the occasional poultry or seafood thing when my mother forced me too.... I just never really liked meats and always got sick when thinking about the incredible number of animals that are slaughtered daily....

I became vegan about two months ago when I started running longer and harder. I find that I feel so much "lighter" and have SO MUCH more stamina and energy. It is great and definitely one of the best things I have done for myself!! :D

Franny
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
Hi Wanda,
I just looked at the clips and cards you created. I want to add my admiration for them. Absolutely fantastic!

Caitlin
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:23 AM
First and foremost for our animals

Respect.

cafejane
Sep 4th, 2005, 04:47 PM
These things are always so inspirational.

I'm Vegan for health & I'm also helping animals in the process.

It turned into a Spiritual aspect also.

Ppl are seeing how awesome I feel & how much I'm glowing & they want to follow in my footsteps.

Jo1234
Sep 4th, 2005, 05:27 PM
animals

Jacqui
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:53 AM
1.Animals.
2.Animals
3.Animals
Health, environment, icing on the cake.

antman
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM
The well-being of other animals has always been my only concern. I stopped participating in innocent deaths and corpse eating eleven years ago because I didn't understand why anybody would, and though in all my vegetarian years I never thought about the fact I was using dairy and egg...when I eventually did, I just gave them up (along with every other animal product) that same day.

I've never researched into what happens to the animals too much, so I can't spew out a plethora of facts if questioned by omnivores. It's just a gut thing, at the very core of who I am. I didn't/don't want to take lives, and I didn't/don't want to take anything of those lives.

gypsyveg
Sep 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Spiritual reasons.

andesuma
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
for me it is an ever rotating cycle of health>> animal welfare/rights >>and the environment...
it is always changing.

But I did, initially go vegan for mainly health reasons.

Camyle26
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I became vegetarian when I was 9 yrs old upon reading an article in the newspaper about Veal.... it's when I really realized meat was ANIMAL. Before then, the concept was just unclear as it is something you grow up doing and dont question as a child.

Since, I have become vegan (several years now) and that, too, was for ANIMALS. I just love them to death and could never imagine eating something liket hat. I wouldnt gnaw on a person's arm, why would I eat an animal -- an innocent creature. :confused:

On the Coast
Oct 18th, 2005, 04:34 AM
http://www.vegpeople.com/gossamer/idea2.gif - http://www.vegpeople.com/gossamer/moo.gif http://www.vegpeople.com/gossamer/puppy.gif http://www.vegpeople.com/gossamer/cat.gif

Hemlock
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Was vegetarian for years simply because I couldn't ignore the absolute evils of factory farming and corporate greed.
Am now vegan because I cannot ignore the evils of dairy farming and corporate greed, mulesing in sheep farming and coprporate greed.
How can I possibly justify wearing cosmetics and products that have been cruelly tested on animals, I don't even dye my hair anymore - I am prematurely white haired, got white streaks, and proud. We use herbal medicines and on a good vegan non-smoking diet with regular exercise we are unlikely to get sick all the time anyway.
When is the rest of the world going to wake up?
It makes me sad because close friends of mine who eat meat, don't exercise and drink too much are suffering from strokes, diabetes, gross obesity and so on and I want to shake them because even after falling ill they don't and won't change their ways!:mad:

mothtoaflame
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:33 PM
I'm Vegan for my health, but I'm all for helping the animals too :p

thecatspajamas1
Nov 19th, 2005, 02:18 AM
the poor sweet precious helpless beautiful animals!!!!! i love them so much!!

my health is secondary.

speedylemons
Nov 19th, 2005, 04:12 AM
For the animals for sure. It's badass though that my health improves hella and it helps the environment. :D

moochbabe
Nov 19th, 2005, 06:09 AM
i'm vegan largely so that i make the smallest imprint on the planet as possible. also i think senseless killing is unacceptable, and i want the best for my health

Blueshark
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Because modern factory farming is sick and insane and created out of greed.

And veggies taste good :)

speedylemons
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:21 PM
modern factory farming is sick and insane and created out of greed.

Perfectly said.

Blueshark
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Thank you - its so horrible that it is true. Perhaps the hope is that most people are ignorant of it.

Actually your avatar reminds me that I should go watch Amelie :D