PDA

View Full Version : Please list all of the reasons why you are a vegan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Holly78
May 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Vegan for the animals above everything else.

xwitchymagicx
May 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
The animals of course! :heart:
The environment...
Health...
Stop me feeling guilty. lol

xwitchymagicx
May 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Really?

Picky picky. lol

ellaminnowpea
May 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Really? If I were to be completely honest with myself I'd probably say that a raw, locally produced fruitarian diet (or as close to as possible whilst remaining healthy) was the only ethical choice. As vegans we're still killing plants, wasting energy on cooking processes (that in most cases removes nutrients) and transporting food round the globe, wasting both fuels and packing materials. Sure, veganism is certainly way more ethical than a non vegan diet in the other direction, but where as some people call veganism the extreme and vegetarianism the more easily obtainable ethical choice, i think i'd view it one step further over.

Well, I think its awesome you want to go one step further; I've considered doing local, raw diet many times... Although not really possible for most people:rolleyes:. I think its the most ethical choice within reason. And theres not really any difference for the animals if you eat locally and raw r not. Lets just hope one day its possible to do local raw foodism. :D

powder
May 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm vegan because I am living the change I wish to see in the world. I'd like to live in a world that respects animals as individual sentient beings instead of using them as a means to our own ends. That means abolishing animal exploitation, and I've started by looking at "the man in the mirror". Change starts with one's self, n'est pas?

umbilical
May 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM
only one reason for me: i think it's primitive to abuse other beings just to make your own life easier/tastier

HerbivoreChick
Jun 4th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I'm a vegan for the animals, as well as the environment!! :D :D :D

Linxie
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I'm vegan for the animals, I believe they have a right to life just like us :)

Sloth
Jul 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I am vegan out of a respect for all other creatures. I tend to think that, although life itself, to me, is more a privilege than a right, once alive, any and every creature, ranging from the beautifully simple, right through to the incredibly complex, has the right to a peaceful, unhindered life. The concept of humans engineering some bizarre subservience in which other creatures are forced to live, just to satisfy a grossly over-indulgent lifestyle, makes me feel physically ill. Of course, with or without the element of over-indulgence, the fact remains that there is NEVER any excuse for enslaving, killing or torturing anything living.

EcoTribalVegan
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
For the animals. Because there is no reason to cause them pain unnecessarily it makes it sadistic to use them otherwise.

clueless
Jul 21st, 2008, 07:43 AM
1. For the animals :p
2. For my health
3. For the environment
4. Personal beliefs, i.e. human physiology
5. Works best for me :D

jtsgrandmom
Aug 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I went to a new Dr. towards the end of my visit he asked if I would like to be off insulin and 1/2 of my meds( I was taking 17) and IT WORKED!!!!

KayVegan
Aug 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I simply have one reason: for the animals. The good thing is that a lot of other positive aspects come along with it automatically (fight world hunger, environmental and economical issues, etc.).

green woman
Aug 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
First and formost for the animals and also for the environment and if a vegan diet helps with world hunger that's great too.

imblissful
Sep 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I am one of the selfish ones, mostly I went vegan for me. I couldn't get the extra weight off I have been carrying. I read a couple books that said a vegan diet would help me lose weight. I then read "Slaughterhouse", which made me realize a vegan lifestyle would make me feel like I was doing my part for the animals and the earth.

I have lost 11 pounds and my horrible acne has disappeared (I wish my high dollar dermatologist told me that eating animal products contributes to acne, I would of done this years ago). Now that I have started working out again I have lost a couple pants sizes (I wish I would of done my measurements before going vegan). I pulled out my belt today to hold up my pants, soon I will be able to go get my not so fat clothing out of the box.

Panzer
Sep 20th, 2009, 06:46 PM
For me it started out for health reasons. I was listening to the band Earth Crisis and they talked about the health benefits of the Straight Edge Vegan lifestyle. Then I started reading about how animals were being horribly mistreated and tortured...I stopped hunting and realized animals have feelings and rights too. Now compassion keeps me from ever straying again from being straight edge vegan.

Whats your story?

Roxy
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I originally became vegan as a way to lose weight. And it worked.

However, the more I read about veganism, the more it became insanely obvious that I'd not only made the right choice for health reasons, but also for other reasons such as animal rights, the environment and world hunger.

I am now vegan for all of the above reasons and also because I just believe it's the right thing to do.

vava
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411&highlight=soya+milk

lots of stories here....

Panzer
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411&highlight=soya+milk

lots of stories here....
Thank you , I love reading stories like this.

phact0rri
Sep 20th, 2009, 09:17 PM
actually I just liked the sound of the word vegan so much, I figured if I went vegan I'd have the chance to say vegan at least nine times a day.

:D

Glen Lambert
Sep 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I went vegan because chicks love guys that love animals. :D

For the benefit of the fun police the above comment is a joke.

Neptunus
Sep 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I went vegan as a result of finding information about the milk industry online - I was already pescetarian (and getting ready to phase into vegetarian), so I decided to just transition into vegan immediately. I haven't looked back since ;}

Slowly I Awake
Sep 21st, 2009, 03:59 AM
actually I just liked the sound of the word vegan so much, I figured if I went vegan I'd have the chance to say vegan at least nine times a day.
:lol:

I'm similar to you, Panzer and Roxy. It started out for health reasons, and then as I learned more about the food industry and its practices, I realized veganism fell right into line with my goal to lead a compassionate life.

Glen, that's actually true though. Chicks DO love guys who love animals! :D Men like that are extra special.

Marten
Sep 21st, 2009, 05:51 AM
I turned partly vegetarian for health reasons and was reducing my meat consumption more and more until I became fully vegetarian 7 weeks ago. I already knew about the cruelty in the dairy-industry and after meeting a vegan from Argentina on holiday I decided to try vegan foods, quickly I made the choice to go vegan almost 4 weeks ago now and didn't look back since, it feels great! :D

phact0rri
Sep 21st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Glen, that's actually true though. Chicks DO love guys who love animals! :D Men like that are extra special.

I think this only applies to girls that like animals, and AR people in general. Granted I've never met at an Omni that could convince me they were an animal lover.:D