PDA

View Full Version : Stella McCartney vegan fashion

gertvegan
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
by Jill Danyelle

This week we offer some vegan fashion treats from the inimitable Stella McCartney, for those of you who prefer not to wear leather or other animal-derived materials.

Read more here. (http://inhabitat.com/2006/11/26/stella-mccartney-vegetarian-fashion/)

fiamma
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for that Gert. Although I have to agree with this response to the article:

"Why did Jill Danyelle end her article, “Stella McCartney Vegan Fashion,” with the sentence, “Now, if I could just get that shawl collared tunic sweater in organic wool…”? It undermines the entire piece, dismisses Ms. McCartney’s efforts to provide high fashion with compassion, and casts a shadow of closed-mindedness on Ms. Danyelle.
What a shame."

I'm preaching to the choir so I won't add much more, it would just be nice if vegan fashion wasn't always the subject of derision. :mad:

The_Lincoln_Imp
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Just to note: Stella McCartney's fashion line isn't vegan. She just doesn't use leather. She uses wool and even silk in other products. So her faux-leather products are vegan but it's not a vegan brand.