PDA

View Full Version : Boots vegan sandwich

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

lozza
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:43 AM
I had a look in my local Boots a couple of days ago but they didn't have anything vegan (to be fair, it was nearly closing time so they may have sold out - the problems I have with a lunch break at 5 in the afternoon).

see you know whats weird. we have this massive huge boots in the town centre, and they dont have any vegan sarnies.

then the tiny lil one in the train station has one! its weird. you'd think the bigger one would be more likely to have it. *shakes head* i dunno!

DoveInGreyClothing
Apr 7th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Most boots in Glasgow have them when I look, they just seem to sell out really quickly, which is good in a way I guess.

lozza
Apr 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
hmm yeah i guess that it a good thing! :)

i never see it in the boots in buchanan galleries..i suppose i havent tried the one in st. enoch, nor the sauchiehall st one.

antman
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I found one yesterday :) It was nice, though there was too much in it for my liking, so I wsn't able to finish it. I prefer one or two fillings rather than 5 or 6.

lozza
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:06 PM
i'm the opposite..i love loads of fillings, cos sandwhiches dont tend to fill me..i'm always hungry soon after. thats why i usually buy (or make) soup & sandwhich! i love sandwhiches filled to the brim with salad! :D

RossClement
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I tried one of the vegan sarnies from Boots. It was OK, and it's nice to have a vegan option when necessary. But to be honest, I thought that even with shop bought humous, salad, and bread, that it wouldn't be hard to do better myself.

Cheers,

Ross-c

Gorilla
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
the main Boots store in Brighton had a couple of the beetroot sandwiches on Saturday. i see they've changed the packaging since i last found any. i also noticed this branch of Boots have started selling the Nakd and Trek bars, not cheap though at £1.49 each :eek:

Hemlock
Apr 10th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I bought a hummous and roasted vegetable wrap from Boots the other day, not only did it taste horrible but half way through I noticed it had some kind of cheese in it which was confirmed on the wrapper in tiny writing - vomit, cough:(

Gorilla
Apr 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
:( sorry to hear that Hemlock, i don't think there are many Boots brand sandwiches etc. that are vegan, and if there are any i don't think they label them as such. many of them could be vegan, but they always insist on sneaking cheese or something into them, even the ones that are supposed to be healthy. :rolleyes:

Hemlock
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Not only cheese but cottage cheese - yuk! Double insult, cottage cheese is like watery sick at the best of times anyway.
The hummous was non existent - couldn't even taste it and the vegetables were soggy and horribly bitter. Altogether a vile gastronomic experience.
I do wish chain stores or any stores for that matter could be a bit more adventurous. I don't want to eat soggy roasted veg in flaccid bread I want to eat a really nice sandwich with something like tofu or bean burger in it and lots of fresh herbs or a crispy fresh salad filling with fake turkey and vegan mayo on exciting bread or rolls with sesame or poppy seeds.
It's always flipping hummous and roasted vegetables.....God:mad:

xwitchymagicx
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I guess houmous and vegetables is as far as their imagination goes. :confused: The two vegan sandwiches I've tried the vegetables have always been drydrydry...super dry. lol :confused: I guess least the sandwiches are white bread and tofu and lettuce as quite a few people think vegans only eat tofu and lettuce...:confused:

Kiran
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I bought a hummous and roasted vegetable wrap from Boots the other day, not only did it taste horrible but half way through I noticed it had some kind of cheese in it which was confirmed on the wrapper in tiny writing - vomit, cough

Thats very unfortunate, Hemlock.
To my knowledge, Boots does only 2 vegan sandwiches. If I remember correctly they are called the bugsy and Beet it. They have the veggie delight too that has a similar packing and you can't make out the difference easily.
I don't think there are any other vegan sandwiches or wraps by boots.

Enchantress
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I had the "Can't Beat It One" recently. It was very nice, not big enough to satisfy my very hungry body though. I should have bought two.

I then amused myself by comparing the nutrition information and ingredients on the pack to the information on the pack of the revolting roast chicken sandwich concoction my little brother and sister had just consumed. It was a combination of me feeling very smug, healthy and virtuous whilst shaking my head in despair at the eating habits of others.

catalina
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:17 AM
I then amused myself by comparing the nutrition information and ingredients on the pack to the information on the pack of the revolting roast chicken sandwich concoction my little brother and sister had just consumed. It was a combination of me feeling very smug, healthy and virtuous whilst shaking my head in despair at the eating habits of others.

I do this kind of thing all the time, but I try to do it surreptitiously, so as to not annoy everyone!! Although inside I'm thinking, "Ha! Look at the crap you're eating!"

sugarmouse
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM
lol i do that all the time.sometimes i make myself heard sometimes not.i have seen the bugsy,beet it, and another one with falafal in ti cannot remember what that one ws called.[/COLOR]

s.london posse
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:16 AM
my local tescos metro does the vegan bugsy sarnie made by fresh as well as a falafel salad made by the same company. Makes a change to be able to buy a proper sandwich for once.
they are both clearly labelled vegan

aubergine
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I *really* want to find one of these falafel salads.

Hemlock
May 9th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Yay....our local Boots in Eastbourne has finally got in the 2 vegan sarnies, can't mistake them as they are labelled vegan and they were actually ok and nice to eat! At last I can just go out and buy something.
There is also a local turkish newsagents who stocks turkish food and he has vegan falafel sandwiches and vegan samosa in his fridge cabinet more often than not - they are unusual too and it's really nice to get a change so the palate doesn't get jaded:)

Ara
May 22nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hooray i actually found the sarnies today! Had the alfalfa and sunflower sprouts one with hummous and tomato - was nice! Will have to try the other one soon, mmmm. I got really excited in boots, it was a bit sad hehe.

Lorrs
May 22nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
I don't like the one with loads of carrot in it, it tastes too sweet for me and I aint a fan of carrot as a sandwich filling. Was annoyed when I went over to Sainsburys to see if they had anything and a houmous n falafel salad wrap looked good till I saw it had Greek yoghurt in it.

Ended up with a veggie juice drink thing from a smoothie and juice place and after giving up the carrot sandwich, the juice had mainly carrot in it lol.

aubergine
May 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
I've found the salads. They do them in Planet Organic which is off of Tottenham Court Road.

Useful to know.

Mr Flibble
May 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
have you ever met a checkout worker in planet organic who hasn't been absolutely miserable and completely unhelpful though? Other than the rip off prices that's the main reason I don't shop there very often

The easy organics salads are in some sainsburys in central London (inc the one opposite Holborn station)

aubergine
May 22nd, 2006, 11:33 PM
have you ever met a checkout worker in planet organic who hasn't been absolutely miserable and completely unhelpful though? Other than the rip off prices that's the main reason I don't shop there very often

I've only been there once, and until I tucked into whatever it was I bought I vowed never to darken their door again.

They do some nice food though :confused:

catalina
May 23rd, 2006, 05:30 AM

Absolutely. There's two employees in my local Planet in Westbourne Grove who actually smile. I figure they won't be there for long, since they don't fit the miserable company culture. The managers are even worse, they block the aisles having impromptu meetings, and won't let customers pass. Excuse me, but we're only the customers, the people who give you money at the till.

veggiewoman
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I got two varieties of the Boots vegan sandwhiches and now have tried them both, very yummy :D