PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Vegan Society - Cruelty Free Fayre

gertvegan
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Sheffield Vegan Society - Cruelty Free Fayre

The fair will take place on 11 December 2004, at the new Houlden Hall in the city centre. More details to follow... ...

www.sheffieldvegansociety.org.uk

Kevster
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Cloudius Maximus,

Will you be going?

Kev

Ruby Soho
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Oh, cool, think I will try and get to it, not sure where the new Houlden Hall is though (shall have to find a map!!).

Thanks for posting the info Gertvegan!!

Kevster
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
What's it like up in Sheffield?

Ruby Soho
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:55 AM
I like it (I should do I used to live there!!) although its relatively difficult for me to get into Sheffield on a regular basis now. Don't think it compares that badly to other places for vegans, it has a couple of vegan friendly restaurants, a veggie/vegan wholefoods store as well as a H&B.

Never been to any vegan/veggie/cruelty free fairs before so I would love to go and see whats on offer!!

Cloudy
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Cloudius Maximus,

Will you be going?

Kev

Yes mate I'll have a wander down.

Sheffield has quite a lot of support for veganism dotted about - there's also 2 good shops (Zeds in Nether Edge and Beanies up in Crookes) which have extensive support for our type of gear.

tails4wagging
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Yes, a couple of us are going, maybe having a vegan cake/savory stall. Will help the veggies as the Manchester bash, the poor veggies of notts, where overwhemed by queues!!.

SilverBird
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I was in Sheffield last week ... went to Lembas ... usually have our order delivered but thought I'd pay them a visit ... got hopelessly lost but found them in the end.

Does anyone know how much it costs to have a stall at this event?

tails4wagging
Oct 10th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Silverbird, what and where is lembas?.

SilverBird
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.lembas.co.uk

Have a look ... they're nice people to deal with.

tails4wagging
Oct 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks SilverBird, I have registered with them.

cedarblue
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Silverbird, what and where is lembas?.

isnt that the bread that sam and frodo kept trying to choke down in 'lord of the rings' :D

gertvegan
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Its next weekend ladies and gents.

gertvegan
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
From Sheffield Vegan society.

Sat 11 Dec 10am -4pm, Houlden Hall, Norfolk Row (off Fargate) - there will be free hot spicy apple drinks in the street outside and a vegan cafe inside. Amongst the stalls will be books & info - locally made soap - gifts - candles - several campaigning groups - tombola - FREE RAFFLE TO IN A CRUELTY FREE HAMPER - free entry - jewellery - several related campaign groups - that's all I can remember for the moment - I think our clairvoyant is coming too!

Cloudy
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Just had a wander down, quite good. A few things of interest and I managed to pick up a copy of that "Plant based nutrition and health" which I've been after for a while.

Had a cuppa and a bit of ginger cake too!

bobster
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Just had a wander down, quite good. A few things of interest and I managed to pick up a copy of that "Plant based nutrition and health" which I've been after for a while.

Had a cuppa and a bit of ginger cake too!

That would have been me serving you tea and cake then!