PDA

View Full Version : Tofu breading?

Annie
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:27 PM
The chefs at my school make me dinner every night b/c they're awesome and whenever they give me tofu it always has some kind of outer layer on it...like a skin almost but it's a tastey, breading...I dunno how to describe it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I making no sense? :(

If you do know what i'm talking about...how do I get that outer layer on my tofu?

fiamma
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Can't you ask the chefs? :confused:

PainterLady
Dec 14th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I think that that just happens to the tofu when it is deep fried. It gets that golden color and tougher on the outside. Golly I am so hungry now. :p

mooli magic
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM
It sounds like its been deep fried as Painterlady suggests. Sometimes I coat mine in polenta though...

Klutz
Feb 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I COMPLETELY misread the title of this thread. I thought it said, "Tofu Breeding".

absentmindedfan
Feb 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM
lol 'I've had two pieces of tofu kept together for months and they still haven't bred! How do I know one is female and one is male?'
:D

Smoothie
Feb 27th, 2007, 04:46 PM
haha.

"one of my tofus is getting really fat. i think she might be pregnant. they told me in the store, it was two females, but i think they were wrong. what should i do?"

Tigerlily
Feb 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
When I fry my tofu, I coat it in a paste I make out of water, flour, and powdered egg replacer. It gets really yummy and crispy. :)

Klutz
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:16 AM
FYI, tofu fried in a thick layer of nutritional yeast is super yummy.