PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Cheesecake

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

gertvegan
Oct 6th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Delicious Choices, HERE. (http://store.yahoo.com/delicious-choices/index.html) Mmmmmmmm cheeeeesecake.

uww27225
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Have you tried them gert? I've been meaning to order the sampler.

gertvegan
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I haven't, I just stumbled upon the website today. I'm in the UK, so maybe best not to mail order. :D

Artichoke47
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I got one of these for my sister last year, and she said she really liked it. Hers had alcohol in it and she was pregnant, though, so she could only eat a little at a time.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I wish they used all organic and non-hydrogenated ingredients :(
If they did, I would retail them...

Artichoke47
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Oh, I didn't know that it was unhealthy. I don't like cheesecake, anyway, so I didn't look too closely at the ingredients.

Aurora
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Looks yummy but I agree with gertvegan......can't imagine what it would look like after it had been through customs!

Aurora x

Gorilla
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:38 PM
yes as i'm in the UK too i'll have to make do with my recipe from Animal Aid magazine for chocolate cheesecake (booze optional!) - couldn't see the recipe on here so i've posted it in the food section! :)

ok it's not very healthy but it won't hurt once in a while ;)

Gorilla
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:41 PM
i got this recipe from Animal Aid's Xmas magazine, gert's cheesecake post reminded me of it and it's lovely so i wanted to share it :)

250 ml soya milk
One pack Tofutti PLAIN! cream cheese
150gm chocolate e.g. Green & Black plain or Maya Gold
1 tbsp vegan margarine
8 to 10 crushed vegan digestive biscuits
brandy, rum etc. to taste if desired ;)

Melt the margarine in the bottom of a saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits. Spread over the base of a 6-8 inch cake tin and place in fridge to chill. Next melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water until it is smooth. Remove from heat. Empty the cream cheese into another bowl and stir with wooden spoon until smooth, add soya milk, chocolate and alcohol if using, mix together well. Try a little of the mixture as sometimes it can be a little bitter depending on the chocolate used. If necessary add a teaspoon of sugar and mix in thoroughly. Place mixture on top of biscuit base and return to fridge (it may be quite runny, that's ok). Leave for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.

celtic rose
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I got all excited and then found they don't ship outside the US!
Major disappointment

cedarblue
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:47 PM
sounds yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmy :p
im definately trying this soon...

feline01
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Conscious Cuisine,

I think I remember getting an email from them that one of their cheesecakes will now be made with non-hydrogenated oils. Still non-organic but better. I did split their sampler with a vegan friend a few years ago. It's good but very sweet. I prefer http://www.vegantreats.com . I can pick up their stuff at a few veggy restaurants in NYC.

Artichoke47
Oct 27th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Wow - that "bomb" thing looks really cool!

eve
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:57 AM
feline01, I know it's off topic, but I must say that I love your sweet vegan twins! :D

feline01
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Eve,

I love them too :D

They are sweeter than any vegan cheesecake + much healthier for me :D

cedarblue
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:55 PM
im going to make cheesecake for dessert on valentines day, i really like the look of gorillas 'chocolate cheeecake' but was hoping to do some sort of strawberry one.

anyone know a really good strawberry recipe that definately WONT taste 'tofu-y' and that will absolutely fool non-vegans??

:confused:

cedarblue
Feb 12th, 2005, 09:25 AM
anyone??

Gorilla
Feb 13th, 2005, 12:00 AM
sorry Cedar, the only 'cheesecake' recipes i have either involve tofu, which i guess would taste tofu-y, or they use vegan cream cheese like the choccie one i posted. perhaps you could try the same basic recipe, but leave out the choc and put vanilla soya milk in. i don't know if the 'cheese' bit would thicken very well without chocolate though. :confused:

i was just looking for my recipe on here, and it seems it was lost in the crash, never to return!!! :eek:

cedarblue
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:30 AM
i found the choc cheesecake recipe, its still here under 'sweet' recipe section. gonna go for it tomorrow with sliced strawbs on top too & vegan cream to pour over for that extra 'heart attack' element ;)

cedarblue
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:19 PM
made it for valentines today - WOW its gorgeous!!
sliced strawberries over the top for extra decadence ;)

do try it everyone....

PinkFluffyCloud
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
That sounds delicious, Cedar. :)

FR
Feb 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
i got this recipe from Animal Aid's Xmas magazine, gert's cheesecake post reminded me of it and it's lovely so i wanted to share it :)

250 ml soya milk
One pack Tofutti PLAIN! cream cheese
150gm chocolate e.g. Green & Black plain or Maya Gold
1 tbsp vegan margarine
8 to 10 crushed vegan digestive biscuits
brandy, rum etc. to taste if desired ;)

Melt the margarine in the bottom of a saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits. Spread over the base of a 6-8 inch cake tin and place in fridge to chill. Next melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water until it is smooth. Remove from heat. Empty the cream cheese into another bowl and stir with wooden spoon until smooth, add soya milk, chocolate and alcohol if using, mix together well. Try a little of the mixture as sometimes it can be a little bitter depending on the chocolate used. If necessary add a teaspoon of sugar and mix in thoroughly. Place mixture on top of biscuit base and return to fridge (it may be quite runny, that's ok). Leave for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.

That is really good, I make something similar to that. I always use Toffutti (the non-hydrogenated version) as opposed to using tofu (doesn't quite taste as good as Tofutti).

FR
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
This place has a ton of different varities available:

http://store.yahoo.com/delicious-choices/

I would hope that they have a similar taste to Tofutti's "better than cream cheese" as opposed to a tofu cheesecake (those suck).

Love
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I made the following for my hometown's first ever vegan festival and it was devoured faster than you could say"A slice of that chocolate cheesecake please" ;)
http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganDesserts/chocolate_cheesecake.htm

Caitlin
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Wow, that's way too expensive for me. $44 for a cheesecake.
I'm kind of scared to try a Tofu Cheesecake.. are they any good? Does anyone know if they sell Vegan Cheesecakes at your Health Food Stores? I used to LUUUV cheesecake