PDA

View Full Version : Things vegans don't worry about (list)...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Yoggy
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately that doesn't always work too well mcfluffin. There was a thread a while back about one of our members trying to bring food into the cinema, and the cinema manager just told her, "If we don't have anything for you to eat, then just refrain from eating during the film". They exchanged emails for a while, and according to the manager, they are very selective about what foods they sell at the cinema, for safety and noise reasons. Like, apparently vegetables and dip are too noisy, and apples are too dangerous (you could throw it at someone's head). Yet potato chips aren't at least as noisy as vegetables, and 700 mL bottles of water aren't as dangerous as lobbing an apple at someone :confused:

mcfluffin
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's OK. If they are going to be that silly I'd be quite happy to get a refund for my ticket and boycott them (I'm stubborn you see). Interesting to hear that though yoggy...I think that's ridiculous

Yoggy
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
I like going to drive-ins. You can bring whatever food you want and no one's big head is in your way LOL. Too bad they're so scarce these days.

Anyway, before I end up hijacking this thread...

More things I don't have to worry about:

- Acne! Most of mine went away after a few months of being vegan
- constipation (someone had to say it ;))
- needing to justify why I think it's bad to kill cats and dogs but not cows and pigs

auntierozzi
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
Composting is easier when you are vegan.

Meikmeik
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'm liking this post...

Several years back I had an infection in my intestine and they had to remove a foot. They never figured out what the infection was from. I can only guess all the fast, fried and horrifying foods I ate years prior were most likely the issue.

Becoming vegan has helped me out a great deal.

-I no longer offend co-workers when I don't want to try their foods
-Weight gain still occurs, but takes longer
-I have high cholestoral, high blood pressure and diabetes in my family and am now less suseptible(sp).
-I rarely get sick

I can go on and on......

Meikmeik

soilman
Jan 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
meikmeik "Several years back I had an infection in my intestine and they had to remove a foot. They never figured out what the infection was from."

It was probably from the foot. Glad to hear you are now a vegan, and no longer eat feet.

Tigerlily
Jan 1st, 2007, 09:26 PM
LOL. That made me laugh!

zorbed
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:31 PM
Vegans get to eat humous a lot and have an excuse to smell of garlic :D
I like that part. hehehehe.

Woodsie
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
I don't mind paying for more expensive/exotic fruit and vegies now as I figure I'm not spending money on meat/fish etc. so I can afford to spend what I save on this and some organic products as well.

Roxy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:26 AM
I don't have to worry about freezing fish bones and prawn shells until garbage day.....and then forgetting to take them out of the freezer and then have them sit there for another week.

Seaside
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:30 AM
I don't have to worry about having animal fat splattered all over my oven, or a sink full of greasy dishes, or my drains getting clogged. :eek:

Roxy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
or my drains getting clogged. :eek:

or your arteries!

Seaside
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
or your arteries!
Oh yeah; that's even better! :D

Mahk
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
I just thought of another thing I don't have to worry about. I read a few years back that hamburger meat that is plastic wrapped is regularly gassed with carbon dioxide (?) which conceals the turning brown effect (that it does when it starts to go bad). You can't tell anymore if it is still fresh by looking at it! Is that not the oddest thing in the world, to allow, legally!?:confused:

Bic
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:13 AM
-No one can say I don't get enough fiber (Lack of constipation couldn't be the only benefit, could it?)

-If Vitamin C were toxic I'd get enough every day to take down a small elephant (Also, isn't Vit. C supposed to protect against colds?)

-I don't have to look at a glass of milk and think "I'm going to drink something that came out of where?"

Tigerlily
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:28 AM
I could be wrong but I think fiber is good for regulating blood sugar levels and making you feel fuller.

Roxy
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:31 AM
And giving you corn poopies for a week :D

Tigerlily
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Lol.

sugarmouse
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
True ...I have to avoid such things...but looks as if most of us do!
I dont have to worry about anyone accusing me of not being a thinker. unlike many folk I meet.

Yoggy
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I don't have to worry about flossing animal flesh out of my teeth (:eek: sorry, that was gross)

satirecafe
Jan 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
your hands never get icky after eating cheese flavored snacks, like cheetos. you know what im talking about!

emmapresley
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:21 PM
...and you get to feel really GOOD about yourself and what you're putting inside you..i swear, I'm giddy almost everyday. Viva Veggies!

kriz
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:49 PM
- I don't have to feel like a hypocrite when I say I love animals - I don't eat or wear them.

- No colds or flu... so far (in 3 1/3 years I've been vegan).

- More concious about what I put in and on my body.

- Better health

sugarmouse
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=kriz;266510]- I don't have to feel like a hypocrite when I say I love animals - I don't eat or wear them.

That is the major one for me too! If anyone asksme why I am vegan, that is what I say. Because I love animals.Cannot argue with that.

pat sommer
Jan 27th, 2007, 11:11 PM
moths don't eat vegan clothes